• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamaha 242. Battery and Stator capabilities

Serg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello Jetboaters, if i may ask, My 2016 Yamaha 242 Limited e-series, how many batteries could i add to my boat? Since i will be adding 4 power amps. Could my batteries support this amps at full capacity? All turned on with subs and tower speaker? Is the stator capable of charging my 2 batteries? And may i ask how many ampere is the stator on the boat?

Thanks much again

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are going to drain your house batteries down, the stator will not charge them back up sufficiently, with two batteries it would all depend on how low you take them and how long you are going to run the engines and what you will have simultaneously draining them while charging. For additional batteries you will need to use charger, either on board or one you hook after each outing. Recommend an onboard charger that you plug in. Like the Noco Gen Series which is IP68 rated.

NOCO - GEN On-Board Battery Chargers

You can add as many batteries as you like to carry. Keep the primary one isolated for starting the boat and the other for the amps and house. Also depending on how often you boat and how soon you need to put a full charge back on the batteries will determine if you should get a 5 amp or 10 amp per bank charger, also how many banks will be determined by how many batteries you are going to put in.

We would need some additional information as well.

1) Current Batteries in boat, size and Ah.
2) Wattage of the Amps and Brand and draw.

Then hopefully more advice can be given.

Last edited:

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello Jetboaters, if i may ask, My 2016 Yamaha 242 Limited e-series, how many batteries could i add to my boat? Since i will be adding 4 power amps. Could my batteries support this amps at full capacity? All turned on with subs and tower speaker? Is the stator capable of charging my 2 batteries? And may i ask how many ampere is the stator on the boat?

Thanks much again
There are much smarter people on here that can give you technical details if you provide details on your current battery and amps, but the redneck “been there done that” answer is no. Assuming you just got 2 standard ole batteries, and one is isolated to your starters, your single house battery will last 15-60 minutes ish before you damage it (with the engines off) Your going to probably want to seriously up your batteries, golf cart batteries, solar storage batteries, lithium, or a whole bunch of deep cycle batteries. Deff going to want to get a battery tender for when not in use.

For comparison, my house battery that came stock with the boat (AC Delco starter battery, don’t remember the CCA off the top of my head) would power a single 1000 watt amp at about 60% volume for 3-4 hours before dropping below 11.5V, which is less than 50% charge, which damaged the battery. 30 minute cruise back to the ramp wouldn’t even put a dent in recharging it. I just added a sub/w amp, and have a 200amp deep cycle solar system battery arriving tomorrow, so we will see how that does.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These engines put out similar charging amps as outboards which is 20 to 25 amps. Not very high.
A waverunner uses a small low cca battery which can recover better than a full sized battery. Plus a waverunner usually has no accessories running when off.

Next time i am on the boat i can put an amp clamp on and get a true reading