• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 AR190, how would you feel?

dlyell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put down deposit for 2021 AR190 in June, was told 'first on the list'. I heard local dealer received first shipment last weekend, so I emailed Sales guy this Monday, and he again told me that I was first on the list and that he had not seen any AR190s yet. Drove by the dealer this morning and they were prepping an AR190 for another customer! I wasn't horribly bothered, just wanted to know what was going on and where i really was on this 'list'. They brought out their deposit list, and somehow my deposit date was 7/10, two weeks later than actual deposit date, and conveniently a couple days after this first customer.
Why continue to tell me I'm at top of list, and tell me you haven't seen any AR190s yet, all while you were prepping one for someone else...
Not Cool! and now I continue to wait...

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I would show him your records and tell him you want your boat. I mean, it's August 6th FPS.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put down deposit for 2021 AR190 in June, was told 'first on the list'. I heard local dealer received first shipment last weekend, so I emailed Sales guy this Monday, and he again told me that I was first on the list and that he had not seen any AR190s yet. Drove by the dealer this morning and they were prepping an AR190 for another customer! I wasn't horribly bothered, just wanted to know what was going on and where i really was on this 'list'. They brought out their deposit list, and somehow my deposit date was 7/10, two weeks later than actual deposit date, and conveniently a couple days after this first customer.
Why continue to tell me I'm at top of list, and tell me you haven't seen any AR190s yet, all while you were prepping one for someone else...
Not Cool! and now I continue to wait...
Sure doesn't bode well for building a strong relationship with the dealer does it. Maybe the Sales Guy had bad info. Maybe HE hasn't seen a 190 yet (gone the day it came in, and didn't walk the lot, etc). Could be a whole lot of things.

Go chat (CALMLY) with the sales manager and ask what gives. How that meeting goes would very quickly determine if I pulled my deposit and moved elsewhere. We're far enough along in the season I would have ZERO issue walking away if the Sales Manager is a jerk or otherwise handles the issue poorly.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I agree, we walked away from a dealer after getting lots of promises but no results and poor communication. We're lucky enough to have plenty of boat dealers within a couple hours' drive so we had no regrets taking our business elsewhere - it was their loss. The next dealer was great to work with, both pre and post sales, and service was good too.