• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

3 step process

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Step 1: preparation
1.jpg

step 2: "execution"
2.jpg
step 3" Sausagization !!!
3.jpg

Wife and I made a good 12+ pounds of sausage last night. Pork and Venison combo. We'll field test them tonight in prep for BIMINI 2014 "pig" roast... We have a large shoulder roast from step 2 above and will combine it with a pork butt or loin for the finale !!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I just smoked a pork butt last night! Doing several in advance, pulling it, and just reheating would make great sandwiches and be delicious on the Bimini trip!
image.jpg

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
O hell yeah Mel !! I built a nice outdoor grill and kitchen last year I need to finish this spring. then its onto combo smoker/pizza oven kind of design.......That looks awesome
!!

What is it being cooked in?......heat source?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have a large Big Green Egg @justason . It is a lump hardwood charcoal only fuel, and the wife and I love it! I have been a weber gas man for 25 years and made the jump to the egg this last year. I do pizza easily on it as I find it easy to get to 800F. And all the low and slow cooks, as well as great mesquite smoked steaks, apple smoked chicken and turkey. I have done a pot roast, chili, and charro beans in the egg, but I have since decided I like the soups/stew/and liquid variety inside better than the smoke. But a Boston Butt or a full packer brisket is a work of art on the egg. Our thanksgiving turkey was the best turkey either of us have ever had. My brisket cooks are around 11-12 hours on one load of lump and it can easily maintain my 225F target for that long. Check out our Big Green Egg thread here on the forum, a good many jetboaters with eggs!