• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amplifier Mounting Location - Post your pics

mcp9044

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I liked only having to run the speaker wires for the four cockpit speakers a foot and half VS all the way back to the batt compartment, but you have to run the power and ground up to the helm. Also makes me nervous having a lot of electronics back by the fuel line. Just me probably not a big deal either way.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Compartment forward of the helm. 4 amps powering 13 speakers including a sub woofer and 6 speakers with LEDs.

I believe that the primary benefit of keeping the amps near the batteries is that the power leads are shorter an don’t need to be a thick. The down side is that the speaker leads may need to be longer since the battteries are located in a corner of the boat whereas the head unit is closer to the center (at least in my model year).
92A8A345-0F8B-451C-A799-68232E248267.png

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All three of my amps are by the batteries. (2 stock and one extra). 2 Polk amps stacked at the bottom of the pic, and one wetsounds on the right. (and since I took this I've put terminal covers on all the posts)
Have you had any issues with your amps being mounted where the batteries are? I was originally going to mount at the helm, but it's cheaper to run RCA cables from the head unit to the battery compartment over running 1/0 tinned OFC from the battery compartment to the helm.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Have you had any issues with your amps being mounted where the batteries are? I was originally going to mount at the helm, but it's cheaper to run RCA cables from the head unit to the battery compartment over running 1/0 tinned OFC from the battery compartment to the helm.
None at all.