• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brisket Burnt End BBQ Beans

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This sounds awesome, I need to smoke a brisket so I can try this recipe!

In Texas, beans mean Pinto Beans. These beans are cooked up with brisket burnt ends and barbecue sauce to make them the perfect side dish for barbecue brisket. If you don't have burnt ends try a grilled steak cooked well. You will want smoky flavor for these barbecue beans.
Cook Time: 3 hours

Total Time: 3 hours

Yield: Serves 6 to 8

Ingredients:

1 pound dried pinto beans
8 cups water
2 cups brisket burnt ends, chopped
1 14-ounce can whole tomatoes
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup barbecue sauce
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Preparation:

Wash beans and pour into large saucepan or dutch oven. Add all other ingredients except the salt. Bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for two hours, covered. Stir occasionally, bringing up the beans from the bottom. Add salt after 1 hour. Beans are done when soft but still hold their shape.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Excellent recipe Mike! I have never done the burnt ends. I end up chopping the point into chopped beef. But I will have to try this one!

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone ever saved the drippings from Pulled Pork or Brisket and frozen them into cubes and used them in beans? I keep hearing about this but haven't tried it yet. Damn this sounds good!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don't get much in the way of drippings from either. Yes, it drips, but that pretty much cooks to nothing by the time you pull the meat. I also don't like the "smoked" drippings from turkey or from beef in a gravy. To me, it has an overbearing sweetness that is not only overbearing but somewhat nauseating.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Burnt ends are the best part of a brisket... you better like flavor.. lol

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I smoked some ribs today and they turned out quite nice, smoked them for 6 hours with a dry rub

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone ever saved the drippings from Pulled Pork or Brisket and frozen them into cubes and used them in beans? I keep hearing about this but haven't tried it yet. Damn this sounds good!
Never heard of that, but I do keep the drippings from my oven baked Bacon in the fridge to add to beans and soups..

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just threw on an 8.5# brisket tonight. We will generally eat half of a brisket then cube and freeze the rest for beans, chili, or whatever else sounds good.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@H2OBoy looks promising..what do you season your brisket with?

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@H2OBoy looks promising..what do you season your brisket with?
I will first inject the brisket with a liquid made with Better Than Bullion beef base. I will then also add a thin coat of the beef paste to the outside of the meat. I use three layers of rub before putting on the grill.

- Fiesta Brisket Rub (more salt and pepper flavor)
- Keith's Farm Hot & Sweet Rub
- Gordon's Grub Rub

I have found all of these give the best results in both color and flavor. Brisket is currently at 175 degrees internal after 13 hours. Should be ready to pull off and wrap in about four more hours. :winkingthumbsup"

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@H2OBoy .. OK I can be there in 6 hours.. Put some extra beer on ice.
Lol.. Sounds like good stuff.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh BTW, what temp do you carry it to.?

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@H2OBoy .. OK I can be there in 6 hours.. Put some extra beer on ice.
Lol.. Sounds like good stuff.
Yeah come on. Always got lots. ;)

Oh BTW, what temp do you carry it to.?
I will generally pull off the grill and wrap at 195-200 degrees internal. I will keep it in a cooler for a couple of hours before slicing and serving.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@H2OBoy , is that a Primo smoker? Did you have to add lump or wood during the smoke over 12 hours? The brisket I did on the egg took 11:15 minutes at 225F grid temp to reach 195F internal. I FTC'ed (wrapped in foil, wrapped in towel, and put in cooler) it for a couple of hours too. I have only done the one, so I don't know the limitations yet of adding lump to get a longer cook out of it. I have read of guys having to add due to using a cyberQ or fan driven rig...or even due to cooking up north in the cold and having a very long cook that ran out of lump. I cooked ribs at about 13F outside air temp in freezing rain and that was not a long cook, but I did run out of lump and finished the last 45 minutes in the oven inside because I didn't want to rest the ribs that long before getting the egg back to temp. But all the experience helps my understanding!

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@H2OBoy , is that a Primo smoker? Did you have to add lump or wood during the smoke over 12 hours? The brisket I did on the egg took 11:15 minutes at 225F grid temp to reach 195F internal. I FTC'ed (wrapped in foil, wrapped in towel, and put in cooler) it for a couple of hours too. I have only done the one, so I don't know the limitations yet of adding lump to get a longer cook out of it. I have read of guys having to add due to using a cyberQ or fan driven rig...or even due to cooking up north in the cold and having a very long cook that ran out of lump. I cooked ribs at about 13F outside air temp in freezing rain and that was not a long cook, but I did run out of lump and finished the last 45 minutes in the oven inside because I didn't want to rest the ribs that long before getting the egg back to temp. But all the experience helps my understanding!
It is a Primo. I started with only the left side of my firebox full of lump (it has a firebox divider so you can cook direct/indirect at the same time). I am now at about 14 hrs in at 205 degrees and it still has plenty of lump left as you can see in the pic below. I added some cherry chunks before the meat went on and a few more a couple of hours in. I will sometimes add some chunks throughout the day just to drive the neighbors crazy. I have cooked up to 20 hrs on half of a firebox of lump without adding more. I am on target to pull it off in about an hour and a half then FTC. I have done briskets faster but if I have the time I prefer to cook them longer at a lower temp. I tend to have more control over my finishing time that way. I hope this helps.

Pic of the brisket @14 hrs and 188F internal.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks Delish...