• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Carolina Style Rub

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Used this rub last time I made pulled pork, and actually used it on a 2lb brisket point I smoked last week. It's phenomenal, and as soon as I run low I make more, so I don't run out. Just a hint of sweet and a slow slight back of the tongue momentary whisper of heat.

This is the first rub my wife and boys really love!

Carolina BBQ Rub (from About.com)

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
Ingredients:

• 2 tablespoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons ground cumin
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 cup paprika
Put it in a shaker, and mix it all up!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent, I will mix this up. I signed up for emails at smoking-meat.com based on a post that you made and it has been great seeing all of the ideas. I made the mini smoked bacon wrapped fatties which will be excellent for tailgating

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing @cane.mba I'll give it a try.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Excellent, I will mix this up. I signed up for emails at smoking-meat.com based on a post that you made and it has been great seeing all of the ideas. I made the mini smoked bacon wrapped fatties which will be excellent for tailgating
I made a Fatty for poker night once, it was gone within 20 minutes and I wasn't allowed back unless I made another one.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have an 8lb Butt on right now. We have friends from Florida staying with us for a few days. The plan is to make up a bunch of sandwiches toss them in a cooler and have food for two days of boating!

As soon as the pork is done I'm going to up the temp and smoke 5 lbs of wings for dinner tonight.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Very versatile!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well... The fires going great, pulled the egg apart and shop vac'd all the ash... Now a storms rolling in, covered what I could with foil, hopefully this blows through quickly... Just hit 160, and hitting the stall, not the best time for a thunderstorm!

image.jpg

Attachments