• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I know some of you enjoy cigars - share!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@drewkaree Well I took your advice and got me a PerfecDraw & a PerfecPak accessory case. Used it on the Bahia and what a difference! Thanks for telling me about this tool!View attachment 219063View attachment 219064
I've used trim screws before, and golf tees out on the course, but that PerfecDraw is some sort of cigar voodoo witch doctor stuff - takes enough out without feeling like I'm going to crack a wrapper, or it allows easy reinsertion, and it actually removes tobacco, instead of just pushing a hole in there.

I feel like the person drawing blood, I can sometimes feel just where the plug is when it's inserted, and it's pretty dang effective. I only wish I would have grabbed a few more when I initially purchased them on sale, as I could have gotten $5 off with a bulk purchase. For what it cost me, and the smokes it's saved, mine have at least paid for themselves at this point. The LFD's are the most egregious, and at $5-8+ each, they would have been a great smoke that I'd have passed over with the often-crappy draw.

If you have a smoke that's stellar, or you just want a bit more before you put it down, that makes a great holder to nub your smoke, as well

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1000021192.jpg

It's been a bit since I had a Bueso Genesis, shown above, and I don't know why I forgot about the overwhelming pepper on the initial light, but that reminder comes fast, and right between the eyes! It's been a 0-60 start to the "summer season" here in WI, and I haven't even picked up the boat yet, so today was a welcome respite. Golf League started up last week, updating the plumbing, finishing up a project so I can add 4 more... It was nice to sit back and relax, I was able to respond to @FSH 210 Sport and look at some of the threads on here that I've been picking his brain on (really, just reading his responses), and I was also able to send off a package to @CigarJeff68 so I could share a 'virtual smoke' with a friend.

Hope you guys have a great weekend, and perhaps a chance for a smoke and some downtime.

Jeff, early next week was the update on when your package should arrive. Come back to this post, it'll prove useful 😉

CigarJeff68

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@drewkaree So as I watch my cigar supply dwindle as the weather is nicer and my smoking increases, your last few posts have inspired me to go outside my comfort zone of only purchasing cigars I have tried in the past. So this morning I have loaded a multiple "new" to me cigars to try. Here is my cart so far...
1714744250801.png
Will let you know when the package arrives and I am definitely looking forward to our 'virtual smoke' together.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CigarJeff68 I gotta spoil the surprise before you place your order, just in case you want to explore another, and were on the fence - I sent you a Genesis robusto 😁

I could have added the Nub Connecticut as well, had I known, but I think you'll be happy with that one. I find that to be a nice morning coffee kind of smoke.

You have a nice selection there, I also sometimes have a hard time choosing a "new" smoke. My sons enjoy shopping for birthday/holidays and buying me samples of stuff I've never tried, so that forces my hand a little bit. Some of the selections they've gotten would have NEVER been a selection of mine for one reason or other, but turned out to be a stellar choice!

The best example of this was an Asylum cigar, I think it was a 33. The ring gauge was a 70, and was ridiculously huge. The size was why I'd have never tried it, and I didn't even have a cutter for the thing, so I went with a punch cut (several, actually) to be able to smoke it. It was so good, that's the reason I bought that 75 gauge cutter you see in that pic 😄. I've since tried other Asylum's, and although they're not as flashy with their visual marketing, they make great smokes - something I never would have tried without their gift.

Hope to hear your reports on your purchases, I've had the Diesel and the Oliva, but the rest are new to me as well.

Now that my "morning" has started, it's off to the races trying to get things in place to finish a project once help arrives, and the rain holds off!

CigarJeff68

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@drewkaree Package received! Thank you so much for the 'starter pack' it was way more than I expected or possibly deserved. The cigars are going to be put to use tonight (well at least 2 of them), we are going to some friends house for dinner and drinks, I will be bringing along the cigars. I did pull the trigger on the shopping cart I posted, so when I receive them I will be reporting on them and I'm sure that there will be a few coming your way as a thank you.

I will be starting my pipe journey soon, possibly tomorrow evening if all goes well, and will keep you updated on how that goes!