• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2024 222SD purchase

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Well my plans for a cabin cruiser fell through, so we were lucky enough to find this new 222SD. I can tell you it's amazing. I have owned a AR190 and a AR210, and I will tell you this is so unbelievably better. We're about to finish up the break in period. So far at 5,000 rpm's we run 18-20 MPH and at 6,000 rpm is 30-35 mph. These two1.9's are half as loud as our TR1'S in the 210. Powerful as could be. Test run was able to hit 52 Mph. The drive system is amazing! I was able to back into our slip so easily. I have never had E throttles and I will say they are worth every penny! Will keep you all posted on any new updates I can come up with.

Attachments

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
This past weekend we just finished up our break in on the 222SD. We had about a 10-15mph headwind, 1-2 foot chop, Bimini full deploy, about 1200 lbs of people/gear, 3/4 tank of fuel and was able to hit 52mph. 48mph was easy to hit. These 1.9's are a BEAST!

MNJets

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I dipped my toes into the Yamaha world with the 2019 212X and after a few modifications (RideSteady GPS install, custom transom ballast, Wake Boost) the boat did just about everything I expected. Not 1 thing great but multiple water sports really well - kind of like a Swiss Army Knife. Anyway - I surprised my wife and kids in January and purchased the new 222XD which addressed most of the manual "fixes" required on the 2019 212X. I can't believe I'm saying this out loud but I purchased the boat in January and haven't even had it in the water - I guess patience does come with age. I'm really looking forward to the DRiVE technology as we're fortunate to have a boat lift / dock to store the boat but it can be challenging bringing it in with 2' waves and strong wind. The integrated Wake Boost is going to be a game changer to swap back and forth between surfers. It's my understanding I can fill / drain ballasts without the engine running which doesn't sound like a big deal until you've been in a situation where that would have made my life easier. The new 1.9L engines are certainly a welcomed upgrade. I'll be on the water next week so anything else you want to share would be awesome.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Beautiful boat!