• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

24 255XD Stereo Questions

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey everyone! Just picked up my 24 255XD and the Sub doesn't work. I feel lie this was the same as my 19'. My dealer did a PDI on the boat and the main amp was having an issue so they changed it with a Roswell amp. I'm wondering what is tied in with the Sub, IE the Tower or Soundbar? Can that amp just be changed to a different amp? I feel like there's been so many Wetsounds/Yamaha issues with the stereo's over the past few years that I was hoping this boat would be different. Any help is appreciated!

connor2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
congrats on the 255xd, I have seen some post about reaching out directly to wetsounds, for a tune, not sure if that helps.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Some things you can check:
Amp have power?
Does the sub have power?
Sub connected correctly to the amp?
Connext Settings: Sub turned up? Any fade or balance out of whack? Any zone controls out of whack? Any EQ settings out of whack?

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Anmut, Yes, all those are confirmed..

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The wet sound HTX6 is the amp in the 255xd. Zone 1 is bow and rear cabin Zone 2 is stern Zone 4 is sub. How do you know the sub has power are the wires connected at the amp. and did you check that they did not get pull off the sub when rigging the batteries . But if they added a R1 900.6 Marine Amplifier there is a lot more that could be wrong. The Conext radio is very sensitive to RCA resistance load and will disable output ch as needed. How did they tie into the factory harness? A few pics would help.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yes it’s the Roswell 900.6. I did check connections at the amp side and it is plugged in. The Conext system shows it on the screen and if I turn every other zone down there’s nothing from the sub. I took a poor video of it but I’ll try and screen shot some pics from it. Thank you!

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Here some screen shots from the video. So you’re saying the Roswell now controls the sub? Funny I thought it could be the other amp. Thank goodness for you guys!! Lol

Attachments

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sorry meant to say I check wiring harness at sub side and it was plugged in.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ok so something is not right there. The after market harness is conexted to the tower speakers. Or atlest that is what I see. I make these harnesses and se a few issues. I will need better pictures to walk you through the fix. When looking at the 2 amps the one closet to the helm door is tower speakers. The farther back amp is Zone 1,2,4. The yellow wires on that second amp are to the sub. If they installed a 6ch amp for the towers then you have 2 ch not doing anything or they bridged some channels and you may be over powering the towers. Also I can see that the OEM to RCA adapter harness is OEM 2ch to RCA 6ch. If this is the case never ever take you boat back to this dealer they are clueless. 99% of OEM audio issues can be fixed with a DSP flash programing from Wetsounds. I hope they did not charge you for what should have been a warranty issue. Some of my harnesses 20240430_215302.jpg

Last edited:

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ok I’ll definitely get better pics when I’m at the boat Memorial Day weekend.
Really appreciate the help!

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
No they haven’t charged me a dime. They are really good and will help through the process.