• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pissers

danielcasey01

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Everyone--
I have a 2008 SX 230 and when putting the finishing touches on prior to launch tomorrow, I noticed two of the "pisser" covers are missing from exterior of boat. Two questions:
1. OK to run the boat with the covers?
2. What are they actually called so I can order the correct parts (I have always called them pissers).
Thank you in advance,
Dan

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, you can run without them. There is a small chance if broken (they are plastic crap) they can fall inside, thus filling the hull with your coolant water.

They are called water bypass, or coolant bypass. Some of the nicest ones are from ADA Racing. But the generic chinese ones on Amazon work fine. The quality of the anodizing is the biggest difference.

Keep in mind, they do come in few sizes, but either work. One is small and you should heat the hose to stretch it, one is too big and you just have to tighten up the hose clamp more. But both sizes work. You can also go 90 degree, 45 or straight.

Water Bypass - 3/8 90 Degree (adaracing.com)

Good luck!

danielcasey01

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you for the response. It looks like they simply screw into the hull. Is there more to this than it appears to me?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you for the response. It looks like they simply screw into the hull. Is there more to this than it appears to me?
Yes they are threaded for a nut on the backside. This is a two person job and the one on the inside needs long arms or be a little person.

danielcasey01

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ha ha, I have neither someone with long arms or know a little person but will figure it out! So, in the meantime, let the bilge take care of the water?
Also, I looked on Amazon and don't see anything that looks remotely close to what I have. Any suggestions.
Biffdotorg, thank you thank you thank you!! Love the Jetboaters.net community!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Water Bypass is the search, but don’t by shy about searching boat pisser.

Don’t be afraid of sticking your head inside the cabinet behind the captains chair, they are right there. i joke about a little person, but I am a big guy and did it while my buddy held the bypass outside the hull while on the lift. it’s not hard.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
yes, one per engine, and one for the bilge pump (bit larger) If going for a particular color anodized, you may want to do all three.