• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Consider doing what I did and running a separate 12v fuse box off the house battery. That way you can tie additional accessories in later from one central, fused, location without having to worry about running or tapping off the boat's OEM current (and sensitive) 12v system.

The only thing I did not do, which I'm going to add, is a switch between the fuse box and battery to cut all power if the boat is unable to be stored on a charging system (however normally always is).

Mine looked like this:

View attachment 220103

Thanks for the super informative replies ! Especially the part about compatibility with apple products as I have them.

I ran a #10 gauge pair of wires off a 30A breaker that is fed from the switched side of the house battery switch to feed a buss bar under the helm, which in turn feeds several circuit breaker protected rocker switches, a totally separate 12V accessory supply system to keep those accessories out of the oem system, so I’ll be able to tap off of that buss bar to feed ckt breakers to the various 12V sockets and USB chargers.

Btsnhos

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
80mil killmat installed. Works great. Got rid of almost all the vibrations and the engine is noticeably quieter. Ran her for over an hour on the river and we could have a conversation at 6500rpms

Attachments

scguy13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What did I do to my boat today?

Put it in the water for the first time as its new owner! Haha it’s a 2013 but it’s new to us!

But in the spirit of the thread…. Ordered new wheels and tires. Cleaned and conditioned all the vinyl.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yesterday and the day before…this includes driving to and from from Southern New England.
Uncovered the boat and opened her up.
New ss/brass propane gauge install to replace broken/rusted original.
View attachment 217939

New frig. Door latch to replace broken one. Took some research and trial and error to find the right one to fit the existing mounting holes.

View attachment 217940

Patterned a bunch of stuff to keep the wife busy for a while. Cockpit seating and interior rugs.

View attachment 217946
View attachment 217945

I also had the job of removing the black water holding bag, yes bag, had been pumped out but always has some left. The fitting had been leaking and pulled out when I was inspecting it. Replacing with a poly tank.

View attachment 217948
View attachment 217951
What a shitty job this will be. Just ordered a 20 gallon poly tank to replace the bag. Yup, I said leaking…that reflection is next. One of the PO’s put a bilge pump at the bottom. Currently not working, will replace when tank is installed. Good off label use for my oil extractor, Lol. Gonna have to disconnect the toilet thruhull and plug it while inland anyway.

Before the dirty work began, I tested out the new seat cushions my wife made. She is working on the back cushions.

View attachment 217973
View attachment 217974
Finished up the crappy part of the refit yesterday. Installed a new bilge pump at the bottom of the tank compartment. Rain water has been leaking past a corroded aluminum inspection plate, top of the list for replacement when I get her up here. Reset the grate support, that had held the bag, and had let loose, reinstalled the grate to support the tank. Plumbed the hoses directly to the tank, removing the macerator and plugged the hose, with a bung, to the head thru hull for use on inland waters. Now there is no ability to discharge black water overboard. The boat already smells better with hard fittings and a hard tank, instead of a, in my opinion, nasty bag connection. Not afraid to do the dirty work, just wade in with with my barn boots, lol.
Not much to see, but a huge improvement. Will be taking it all out in the off season to paint the compartment white.

789EC09C-2321-4CB6-B590-842A3A3A3999.jpeg

We were happy to retire the Luggable Loo.

Last edited:

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finished mounting handheld VHF and Garmin 86SCI to helm.... thought about mounting a chart plotter and fixed mount VHF, but in an attempt to keep the dash relativley uncluttered, going to try the garmin 86SCI for backup maps and satellite communications and the handheld for short range VHF. Removed the factory phone mount/charger that was in this location and ran power to 86SCI and HX890 VHF.

sx250helm.jpg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Quick question, instead of tapping it directly to the House Battery, why didn't you tap into the DVSR House Batt side so that you don't accidentally leave it on and drain your batteries?

I haven't done it yet, but that is the route I'm going.
Honestly, that's a good question... but my boat is always plugged in, so.