• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CMD6 Clarion replacement?

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Has anyone replaced the CMD6? Any tips, pics for replacing this? I want to retain the 6 speakers that came with our 212x, but need ideas on wiring after the head unit is replaced. I was hoping y'all had pics of your swapped out units.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m swapping out my CDM6 this winter for a Fusion, with 3 zone control.
That’s what I’m asking my Santa for this XMas.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Sweet. I need to do something... this system sucks.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don’t think it sucks. But I do have 3 WS amps, 6 inboards, 2 8” towers and a 12” sub.
I just want something more modern, with built in BT and zone control.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Yea, I definitely need built in Bluetooth, I'd also prefer push button presets for the rare instance we use FM radio. I wanna add a 10" sub, so I'll have a small amp, the 6 speakers I'm replacing with kicker 6.5's. Is the head unit a single din cutout?

fubar79

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Did either of you swap out your Clarion CDM6? If so, were you still able to use the stock swim platform remote?

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Swapped it out with the Fusion MS-RA770 head-unit, and the Fusion MS-ERX400 remote at the swim platform. Unfortunately the hole for the swim platform remote was larger than or wasn't able to be hidden by the Fusion remote. I had a member on this forum 3D print me a plate that the remote could sit on and then attached/sealed.

Only issue or complaint I have with the swim platform remote is that I have had friends knock off the volume knob when out skiing/wakeboarding and the ski/board hits it. Thankfully for $100 I can get a replacement unit from Garmin as long as I return the broken unit.

fubar79

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks fellow Canucker.

I guess another option would be the Fusion ARX wireless remote. Would still need backing plate.

I might try adding some mid cabin speakers, and an amp. Keep the head unit stock...for now.

Cheers.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The main reason I upgraded was because I wanted the flexibility of having multiple zones. I wanted to be able to control the volume/level in the bow, stern, and tower speakers separately. So if we were floating off the back, I can have the tower speakers up a bit, while the bow and stern speakers are down and not blasting those in the boat. Or if we are all in the boat, I can turn the tower speakers off and just have the bow/stern speakers going.

I think there are others that have done the wireless remote. Would have saved me some money in the long run, but I like seeing what is playing and having a bit more control if I am floating off the back. I can control the different volumes of the different zones with the wired remote. Not sure if you can do that with the wireless remote.

fubar79

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Makes sense. My needs are a bit different. No tower (yet), so not an issue. I'm able to control front and rear from the Clarion deck, which when moored, we turn down the front, and only focus on the platform volume. You're right, i don't imagine you can control the different volumes from the wireless remote.

Our main issue currently is the lack of volume when cruising for the captain and passenger. Two more speakers and an amp should suffice for this year. Will also look into rewire all the speakers.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Amps will help as well as some good speakers. I did a lot of my searching/buying towards end of summer and into fall. Lots of open box, or model upgrades and companies are trying to get rid of stock.