• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Possible Jet Boat Owner North East PA/NJ area

Dad3420

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for allowing me to join and i have been looking at some of the threads so i apologize if this is a repeat. Grew up on various boats on the Jersey coast and now looking to get my family into but want trailer-ability so we can explore some lakes and the Delaware River as well as some time still on Barnegat Bay NJ. Never been exposed to a jet boat so any pros or cons would be greatly appreciated. I have herd that see weed can clog intake? I'm looking at a 2022 Yamaha AR210 with only 25 hrs on it.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have that very boat. Very trailer-able good grunt off the bottom and overall a fun boat. As far as seaweed? It depends on what we are talking about. I've only had issues when the conditions were ridiculous on smaller stagnant lakes or slow cruising up river when all the leaves were floating on top of the water in the fall. In both of those cases the conditions were far from normal and there was no way to go around the floating detritus and in both cases it was in no wake speed conditions. Hopefully someone who regularly boats the waterways you plan on using can chime in on this.
Also, consider your family size and add two more if your family is even remotely social. We were looking for a 19', bought a 21', and wish I would have bought a 25'. We are only a 3 person family but always seem to have 6 to 8 on board and since we don't live on a lake we are out all day when we go. 8 people is fine but there is always gear to go with it and my anti-clutter personality starts to show.;)
Either way......welcome!

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First off welcome, also from NEPA via Philadelphia. Great boat option you will enjoy it. We slip at Wallenpaupack (Greentown, Pa.) at Ironwood Point, Ive had some other new members come up and learn there. If you ever need help or just want some others to boat with feel free to reach out. We have a great group of family oriented members who would all be more than willing to help you at any point. If you would like to take one of my jetboats out and try first, you are more than welcome.

Dad3420

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have that very boat. Very trailer-able good grunt off the bottom and overall a fun boat. As far as seaweed? It depends on what we are talking about. I've only had issues when the conditions were ridiculous on smaller stagnant lakes or slow cruising up river when all the leaves were floating on top of the water in the fall. In both of those cases the conditions were far from normal and there was no way to go around the floating detritus and in both cases it was in no wake speed conditions. Hopefully someone who regularly boats the waterways you plan on using can chime in on this.
Also, consider your family size and add two more if your family is even remotely social. We were looking for a 19', bought a 21', and wish I would have bought a 25'. We are only a 3 person family but always seem to have 6 to 8 on board and since we don't live on a lake we are out all day when we go. 8 people is fine but there is always gear to go with it and my anti-clutter personality starts to show.;)
Either way......welcome!
It really would only be those rare days on the bay where you get drifting patches of sea weed but I am hoping to use more fresh water this first year. Thanks for the welcome and happy boating

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you for allowing me to join and i have been looking at some of the threads so i apologize if this is a repeat. Grew up on various boats on the Jersey coast and now looking to get my family into but want trailer-ability so we can explore some lakes and the Delaware River as well as some time still on Barnegat Bay NJ. Never been exposed to a jet boat so any pros or cons would be greatly appreciated. I have herd that see weed can clog intake? I'm looking at a 2022 Yamaha AR210 with only 25 hrs on it.
Have a 2017 242 for sale if you might be interested in something a bit larger. Perfect for the Delaware and NJ bays (where I boat). Handles offshore just fine on nicer days too. I’ve only had to clean debris out 4 or 5 times over the last six seasons - not a big issue here.