• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 255 FSH Sport E, 2 years later

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I looked into this a little. It’s the freshwater washdown. Definately not the fuse in the helm locker being the culprit, and I have power at the connector by the pump. So it must be a pump malfunction. When the switch is on, it doesn’t even attempt to run. I despise the thought of trying to get the $&@?er off of where it’s mounted to the fresh holding tank!
Okay... just to be 100% sure... I'll ask a stupid question — apologies in advance:

Do you have a hose connected to the freshwater outlet, and the hose's spray-head open? The freshwater outlet has a valve that automatically closes if there isn't a corresponding quick-release fitting attached to it. Therefore, the pump doesn't run unless you have a hose (or at least the quick-release fitting) attached to the outlet, with the hose sprayer on.

If the circuit breaker isn't popping out, then the pump isn't pulling current while frozen... which usually means the pump's pressure switch is keeping the pump off.

That aside — IMHO, the easiest way to access and unmount the pumps on top of the freshwater tank is to put a couple yoga mats "mechanic's mats" 😎 on top of the engines, and then lie down on the engines. If you're skinny and flexible like me, you can even sit on one of the engines with your feet beside the engines. So far, I haven't busted the engine covers or knocked anything loose. 🤓

Don't bother trying to access the pumps from the starboard hatch next to the engine bay — way too difficult.

joseph.chronowski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Okay... just to be 100% sure... I'll ask a stupid question — apologies in advance:

Do you have a hose connected to the freshwater outlet, and the hose's spray-head open? The freshwater outlet has a valve that automatically closes if there isn't a corresponding quick-release fitting attached to it. Therefore, the pump doesn't run unless you have a hose (or at least the quick-release fitting) attached to the outlet, with the hose sprayer on.

If the circuit breaker isn't popping out, then the pump isn't pulling current while frozen... which usually means the pump's pressure switch is keeping the pump off.

That aside — IMHO, the easiest way to access and unmount the pumps on top of the freshwater tank is to put a couple yoga mats "mechanic's mats" 😎 on top of the engines, and then lie down on the engines. If you're skinny and flexible like me, you can even sit on one of the engines with your feet beside the engines. So far, I haven't busted the engine covers or knocked anything loose. 🤓

Don't bother trying to access the pumps from the starboard hatch next to the engine bay — way too difficult.
You know what....I haven't tried with a hose connected yet hahahhahaha. I know the raw-water will run without a hose connected, so I assumed the freshwater would also. On the to-do list for tomorrow! I did reconfirm yesterday that there is power to the coming to the pump itself...so that is definitely not the problem. Thanks for the reply!

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You know what....I haven't tried with a hose connected yet hahahhahaha. I know the raw-water will run without a hose connected, so I assumed the freshwater would also. On the to-do list for tomorrow! I did reconfirm yesterday that there is power to the coming to the pump itself...so that is definitely not the problem. Thanks for the reply!
My raw water washdown does not run without an open hose attached. Hmmm... 🤔

Do you have the male quick-release fitting attached to the raw-water outlet, and that's why it runs without a hose?

On my 255 FSH, both my fresh and raw-water outlets are female quick-release spigots. If the corresponding male quick-release fitting is not inserted into the outlet, an integral valve closes the outlet.

The idea is that you keep a single hose on the boat with the male quick-release fitting "permanently" screwed onto the hose. Then you can quickly disconnect the hose from one outlet and connect to the other, as needed.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The raw water will run because you don’t have any water for the pump to pressurize, whereas the fresh water wash down has a tank of water to pull on so it can pump up pressure and cause the pressure switch to open.