• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aftermarket Cover

Team Bristow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone ever purchased an aftermarket cover? My shipping cover made it two seasons but it is time to replace it. I am not ready to drop $700 on a Yamaha branded cover yet when there are cheaper options out there. Places like iboats and several others sell covers they claim are custom fit to my sx190. I would hate to buy one from them just to have to turn and buy one from Yamaha.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jason

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I would look for a local custom canvas shop in your area. I had Harken Canvas near me custom make a Bow/Cockpit snap on set for my Bayliner for $400. I know they also make trailering style covers as well. They're still in great shape after 7 seasons.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a tough one. It seems like off brand covers that I've purchased for cars in the past seem to be just a generic fit. I'd try to call the manufacture and see if it's a custom fit, or just a generic fit based on length. Otherwise I'd do what @RiverRat suggested and go to a local upholstery/Canvas shop.

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
A friend of mine had a cover made for his MasterCraft that is made of the shipping cover material and goes OVER his tower. It is great for the winter because the tower makes sure there is no pooling of water, no leaks around the tower, and it has vents and a waterproof zipper to access the inside without removing the cover. He said he got it from the local Mastercraft dealer and only paid $250 for it. Once I actually get my boat I am going to see about getting one made for my boat.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bit the bullet and forked out $680 for the Yamaha premium cover. Very impressed with the quality and the fit is like it was taken to a Taylor......
I really like the idea of having a "ratchet strap" sewn in to pull the cover in tight, and the little zip pocket it sits in is really neat :thumbsup:

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I too use and really like the Yamaha premium cover - I bought it from my dealer for $450. It's a great cover, especially if you're trailering it. But it can be a PITA if your boat is in a slip. If/when I end up putting her in a slip - I might consider getting a different cover, maybe a snap on.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A friend of mine had a cover made for his MasterCraft that is made of the shipping cover material and goes OVER his tower.
That's what I really want! I have the expensive Yamaha one, but feel like it doesn't quite fit right, and still somehow manages to let a ton of crap get inside the boat.

To be honest, I really don't even care is it's a super snug fit and everything. I might be able to just stake a tarp down over my whole boat...

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My boat came with two covers. Both PITA to put on and take off. JetBoatPolit had a very good idea but he got side tracked a little. I wish I can find something very easy to put on and take off.