• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Conversion to LiFePo batteries

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Careful, China's coming out with a "water" battery that stores more energy than lithium.;)
I was hearing about this. Very interesting. Could be a game changer here soon.

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

"Chinese scientists have developed a water-based battery with nearly double the energy density compared to traditional lithium batteries, according to new research published in a paper in Nature Energy.

According to researchers from the Chinese Academy of Sciences, tests revealed an impressive energy density of the iodine- and bromine-based aqueous battery that could reach 1,200 watt-hours per liter (Wh/L), surpassing the 700 Wh/L of non-aqueous lithium batteries"

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is interesting, right down the road from our city house.

LG Energy Solution’s $5.5 Billion Stand-Alone Battery Manufacturing Complex Project in Queen Creek Well Underway
With steel beams now being placed, the complex is on track to be completed in 2026, creating thousands of new jobs
Post Date:04/03/2024 3:00 pm
The construction of a major battery manufacturing complex in Queen Creek, Arizona, announced by LG Energy Solution last year, is on track to be completed in two years with the first round of hiring expected to begin at the end of this year. The company provided progress updates on its $5.5 billion (KRW 7.2 trillion) stand-alone facility during a stakeholder meeting today at Combs High School near the complex location (Ironwood and Pecos).​

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

"Chinese scientists have developed a water-based battery with nearly double the energy density compared to traditional lithium batteries, according to new research published in a paper in Nature Energy.

According to researchers from the Chinese Academy of Sciences, tests revealed an impressive energy density of the iodine- and bromine-based aqueous battery that could reach 1,200 watt-hours per liter (Wh/L), surpassing the 700 Wh/L of non-aqueous lithium batteries"
As the first and only commenter said “I’ll believe it when I see it”.

Also the article also mentions the flammability of lithium batteries, again that is for the NMC lithium batteries not the lfp batteries. China currently produces 75-80% of the world’s cobalt from its mines in the DRC.

From what I understand Tesla is moving away from NMC batteries and going with lfp batteries.

I find the willful ignorance about NMC batteries use of the Chinese cobalt where a large portion of the work force in the DRC mines chilling at best. Big tech companies like to say their batteries are conflict free but all of that cobalt gets mixed together.

Sherwood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wonder if prices dropping on lithium battery's has anything to do EVs not selling like expected.🤔