• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to adjust reverse bucket on Glastron gt207

ZvilleBoatGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I haven't been able to find anything on how to adjust the reverse bucket on my Glastron gt207 in order to fine tune neutral. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
1. Remove the nut.
2. Remove the cotter pin.
3. Remove the plastic insert by pulling up until it comes out.
4. Pull the rod UP until the large brass nut (5) comes out.
5. Spin the brass nut clock or counter clockwise one turn at a time.
6. Not shown, you now need to pull or push the rod in/out until the brass nut aligns with the hole once again. Then lower it in black and reverse the whole process.

Here's a video that shows how to remove the pump. But it's also useful to see how some these parts go together.

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
There's a picture in my post. It's small and under the video. In case you miss that.

ZvilleBoatGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Very helpful... Thanks, Luc!

ZvilleBoatGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Luc, I've made it to your step 5. I have been unable to turn the nut due to the surrounding casing (see pic) and I'm reluctant to pull the rod up any further in order to get the needed clearance. Thoughts?

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Looks clear to me. This entire circled thing turns aka the nut. Are you saying you can't turn it? It should spin pretty easily now that the bottom is out of the white plastic insert.

Attachments

ZvilleBoatGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
It can now move freely, but when I attempt to make even a quarter turn, it is obstructed by metal on two sides. In my pic, the distance between the two blue lines is less than the distance of the red line.

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Gotcha. I just lifted it up past those and then did a turn. Had no issues doing that. I did force it a bit though. Alternatively, you can presumably remove the white piece at the back and that will probably give you more play. But I haven't done taht. Looks like a simple white plastic piece that is just screwed in.