• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Cleaning? Bugs!!

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
2019 AR195. Recently returned home from a longer trip and apparently picked up some squashed bugs on the front of the tower. I have the red tower and I am wondering what or how others clean their towers. Worried about stripping the red off or scuffing the tower.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Powder coat is pretty tough stuff. I clean my t-top with car wash soap and a blue scrubby sponge thing for dishes. Obviously I don’t go nuts with it, but it takes the bugs off easy. Once it’s clean wax/Rejex the tower and they’ll come off a lot easier next time.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the raw aluminum tower on my 190. It gets a TON of bugs on it. I keep a Mr Clean Magic Eraser onboard and clean each time out. Not sure how that would work on the textured 195 tower though.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
For me I have the same boat and a simple Clorox wipe works wonders. It’s a pretty durable paint and a Clorox wipe is not stripping any kind of paint.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spray/soak with 303 Aeroprotectant, let it sit for 10-15min, clean with a microfiber towel, repeat. Same with the racks. Once soaked for few minutes with 303, stuff comes off easily.
303AP is some of the best stuff you an use on the boat interior anywhere. Keeps the $hitty newYamaha vinyl looking good.

--

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just wait till you get some tower speakers. Installed a set and now bugs galore.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We clean them off with the hot sauce spray. But now I take some painters tape and throw it on the leading edge when I’m towing long distances 1/2/3 hrs then rip it off when we get to the destination. Keeps it clean and easy to remove.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same
We clean them off with the hot sauce spray. But now I take some painters tape and throw it on the leading edge when I’m towing long distances 1/2/3 hrs then rip it off when we get to the destination. Keeps it clean and easy to remove.
Same goes for my wet sounds sound bar. Bugs love getting smashed in the cooling fins. Painters tape

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for the ideas and help!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same

Same goes for my wet sounds sound bar. Bugs love getting smashed in the cooling fins. Painters tape
Does your soundbar "whistle" while being towed. Mine sounds horrible and I can't figure out it it's the way I have it mounted or the bar fins themselves.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does your soundbar "whistle" while being towed. Mine sounds horrible and I can't figure out it it's the way I have it mounted or the bar fins themselves.
Mine use to but figured out the right angel and it hasn’t since

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have the same issue with the leading edge on the wings of small airplanes. We buy the cheapest furniture polish (like Pledge) and apply liberally after a flight. It loosens all the bug remains up after a minute or two and you can just wipe it off with a rag.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have been using this for years and could not imagine not being able to have it. (It is that good). I use it on my cars, bikes and boat. I have a AR 192 with black tower and this is all I have ever used on my tower. We tow around 140 miles round trip to the lake. Wipes the bugs right off and protects the tower at the same time. No washing just spray it on and wipe off.. You will like this stuff. Pricey but works! (Bug Slide)..

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Plexus... best stuff really. I use it on my motorcycles. Helmet visors, truck grills, boat tower, etc...It cleans off the bugs easily. And then it leaves a polish that makes future cleanups easier.
Works amazing