• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
A month old this weekend, one step at a time. Audio next week and Cobra Jets in a couple of weeks.20240425_122026.jpg20240503_160100.jpg20240503_160144.jpg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Changed the gate control cable today. Crazy that it was this bad and it really wasn’t that stiff at the throttle, yet.
IMG_5223.jpegIMG_5222.jpeg
Had a slight freak out while changing it, the old one slipped out of my tape job to the new one while feeding it through the boat. Thankfully I could just tape the old cable to the transducer line, feed it back through to the engine compartment, then tape the new one to the transducer line as well and feed it back to the helm.

I put some sealant on areas I felt needed some more since I had the clean out hatch opened up, as well as other areas too.

Changed the oil in both engines, they fired up immediately after their slumber so that was nice! They ran so well I probably won’t change the spark plugs until I feel the need to.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got my boat in the water, and ran it for the 30 seconds it took to get it on the lift. Had to do some troubleshooting on the lift with LiftTech, and they're sending me a new board. So for another day or two, the boat will go down using the remote, but only goes up using a drill on the emergency attachment. So, boat will mostly stay on the lift until I replace the control board between rain showers the next few days.

Tried out the cover fit (custom), now that I added marine mat to the gunnels. Needed to get a leather cutting tool (thanks to a random conversation on another thread that let me know there was such a thing) and cut holes where the snaps are. Cutting those sections before I installed them was not as scary as cutting big holes in the boat for the Garmin, but still made me nervous. Turned out better than I expected...

1715094978187.jpeg

1715097922715.jpeg