• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 AR240 Fusion NMEA cable location

akatrauma

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Greetings! I am trying to determine where the NMEA cable from my Fusion head unit terminates. The Fusion located on the transom and the NMEA cables disappears up into the boat. I would like to connect another NMEA cable from the Fusion to a chartplotter on the helm. Does Yamaha split the NMEA cable into the back of the CONNEXT screen? Thanks!

Attachments

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You are having no luck tracing that thick black one in the middle? There should be another on the back of the connext. Worst case, you put a "T" there and run another cable to the chartplotter. But it would be a much shorter run if the T was at the helm. As most NMEA kits include one T, on Terminator and one short cable.

Good luck!

akatrauma

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, having trouble tracing it! I assume it goes to the back of the CONNEXT screen? I assume Yamaha split it differently than a normal NMEA 2000 connection? There is no round NMEA 2000 connector going into the back of the CONNEXT.

Molemansd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you ever figure this out?