• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Bimini Pot Luck - June 28th - Sign up

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With a little more than 3 weeks to go it’s time to get this together!

This is copied from the Bimini conversation...

Inspired by @Bruce and other members of previous Bimini trips. This was a ton of fun and a way for most of us jetboaters to get to know each other.

From @Bruce 2017

Second Day of Trip ~ Noon Pot Luck / Party at the sandbar on the East Side of North Bimini followed by an evening dolphin cruise. My family has enjoyed this long deserted beach since 2014 and we had some amazing group trips there in 2016. @JROD has explored the mangroves and @waterboy has found some amazing starfish at the southern end. This is an area of shallow water and shifting sand so we will need to be careful but should be a great time. If anyone is really adventurous the wreck of the Hesperus is perhaps 10 miles further west and is covered up in sharks and barracuda. There are many reef areas West of North Bimini that you will pass on the 12.6 mile route to this location. I recommend visiting the Three Sisters rocks where you will find mooring buoys to tie off to, amazing scenery for snorkeling and smaller but hungry reef fish are an easy catch. You can view the route at Navionics ChartViewer or download it from http://tinyurl.com/h5ufatb .

REPLY TO THIS THREAD with what you plan to bring. I'll update it to be sure we have things covered. We'll need main dishes, sides, appetizers, desserts, . Everyone is responsible for their own beverages, plates and cutlery.

1. @ThatJeepGuy BBQ Meatballs
2. @Valerie Chicken Pinchos
3. @Babin Farms Taco salad
4. @Ggordon3321 Texas deer sausage
5. @Bizywk TBD or an Asian Salad
6. @amccoy TBD
7. @James R Whitten Jambalaya
8. @jctaylor Pulled Pork sliders
9. @FLJetBoater Watermelon/berry mint fruit salad
10. @ifly4fun Pasta salad
11. @Andy S vegetable tray
12. @Skroggy66 lots of Kielbasa
13. @robert843 coleslaw
14. @svana COOKIES!
15. @Papa Erp jello salad with a little extra kick
16. @tim h ...

2021 Bimini crossers:
@robert843 @veedubtek @tim h @Babin Farms @Gofish206 @Bizywk @James R Whitten @Slapjaw @Valerie @Five Faces @VaMarine @Gerry R @jayasaki138 @ifly4fun @svana @jctaylor @Papa Erp @Lee H @ThatJeepGuy @Skroggy66 @doublej3 @FLJetBoater @gmiked1020 @Ggordon3321 @Av8tor07 @BX_Cowboy @Andy S @amccoy @LayneG @Nexus @Wes Walley

If I missed anyone please tag them

Last edited:

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
With a little more than 3 weeks to go it’s time to get this together!

This is copied from the Bimini conversation...

Inspired by @Bruce and other members of previous Bimini trips. This was a ton of fun and a way for most of us jetboaters to get to know each other.

From @Bruce 2017

Second Day of Trip ~ Noon Pot Luck / Party at the sandbar on the East Side of North Bimini followed by an evening dolphin cruise. My family has enjoyed this long deserted beach since 2014 and we had some amazing group trips there in 2016. @JROD has explored the mangroves and @waterboy has found some amazing starfish at the southern end. This is an area of shallow water and shifting sand so we will need to be careful but should be a great time. If anyone is really adventurous the wreck of the Hesperus is perhaps 10 miles further west and is covered up in sharks and barracuda. There are many reef areas West of North Bimini that you will pass on the 12.6 mile route to this location. I recommend visiting the Three Sisters rocks where you will find mooring buoys to tie off to, amazing scenery for snorkeling and smaller but hungry reef fish are an easy catch. You can view the route at Navionics ChartViewer or download it from http://tinyurl.com/h5ufatb .

REPLY TO THIS THREAD with what you plan to bring. I'll update it to be sure we have things covered. We'll need main dishes, sides, appetizers, desserts, . Everyone is responsible for their own beverages, plates and cutlery.

1. @ThatJeepGuy BBQ Meatballs
2. @VaMarine Pasta Salad
3. @Valerie Keilbasa
4. @Babin Farms Taco salad

2021 Bimini crossers:
@robert843 @veedubtek @tim h @Babin Farms @Gofish206 @Bizywk @James R Whitten @Slapjaw @Valerie @Five Faces @VaMarine @Gerry R @jayasaki138 @ifly4fun @svana @jctaylor @Papa Erp @Lee H @ThatJeepGuy @Skroggy66 @doublej3 @FLJetBoater @gmiked1020 @Ggordon3321 @Av8tor07 @BX_Cowboy @Andy S @amccoy @LayneG @Nexus @Wes Walley

If I missed anyone please tag them
Count us in with a TBD or an Asian Salad please. Big bowl, never any leftovers.
Not sure what to bring given the heating on a tiny grill and cooler spoilage prevention care that must be taken. We'll have a two day road trip before we even get to Florida so we may just have to buy something good on the way.

Last edited:

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'll bring a watermelon/berry mint fruit salad

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In 2017 the wind was blowing too much from the north to gather at this location so it was relocated to the beach just south of Bimini Cove. This is a great “Plan B” location

2021 Bimini crossers:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will bring some coleslaw as a side and maybe if the wife is frisky some cookies.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’ve never done a potluck. So please, I need ideas on wha to bring?

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will bring some coleslaw as a side and maybe if the wife is frisky some cookies.
Hey Robert, wife also just mentioned making some cookies. Didn't want to overlap, mind letting me know if/when she decides on it so we can bring something else?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Robert, wife also just mentioned making some cookies. Didn't want to overlap, mind letting me know if/when she decides on it so we can bring something else?
Let your wife go for it.