• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 Garmin 93sv Install

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We freaking love ours! I used a Seasucker mount for on the windshield and it's fantastic. I don't look through the windshield much anyway and to me there's really no other place to put a large chartplotter like this one. Plus, it doubles as my helm remote for my Fusion stereo that is on the passenger side. When we're anchored we can see if there's any fishy activity around us to see if we need to cast a line or just dive in.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors - where did you run the transducer cable through? It's really the only part of the install that I am really concerned with.
I know where to route through the bilge and engine compartment, it's really the cockpit from the helm to the engine compartment that I don't think any of the Transducer installs cover.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Through the engine compart then through the storage compartment under the starboard seat. There is a run of wires right there if you reach up under the compartment. I ran it along those straight up to the helm and zip tied to them.

Is that what you are asking?

mlfitzg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is fantastic. I like everything about it. I can see it without my reading glasses on.

Also this why I posted it all in this thread so ask any questions you like.
So after using the Garmin for a season, are you happy with the way it was mounted? Would you do anything different? And can I get the dimensions of the mount you created? Picking up my '22 AR210 in a couple of weeks (I'm in Michigan too...)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love it! It is the perfect spot for me. I guess the only thing I may have done different is not cut my finger bad.... Made working on Mods rough with the bandages on my left hand fingers and splint.

If you are close to me or I can mail it as well, I can cut you a mounting block, either black or white out of the same material for the Garmin if you are going to mount it there on the dash in the same spot. I have plenty left over of the black and white starboard.

I am going to uncover the boat next week and can get you whatever dimensions you want.

mlfitzg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love it! It is the perfect spot for me. I guess the only thing I may have done different is not cut my finger bad.... Made working on Mods rough with the bandages on my left hand fingers and splint.

If you are close to me or I can mail it as well, I can cut you a mounting block, either black or white out of the same material for the Garmin if you are going to mount it there on the dash in the same spot. I have plenty left over of the black and white starboard.

I am going to uncover the boat next week and can get you whatever dimensions you want.
I haven't decided for sure where I'm mount the unit itself yet but I think your transducer mount is perfectly placed and better than any off the shelf options I've seen.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get what you are saying. I sat there and test placed it all over the place. Was the only place to put it IMHO. I didn't want it on the window shield, since I am out when it gets cool and drizzly fishing I need to sit down and drive while having full visibility through the window shield. Tried it over to the right, but then it blocks switches or the right area through the side glass. With where I mounted it I can swing it out full to the left or down to the right in front of the Tachs up straight up and around to see from the bow. at one point I was ciphering to replace the full Dash Panel with a custom one and set it in there and squeeze all the other stuff to the right. But it was going to be tight.

Whats nice is can just get a longer center piece for the RAM mount and add an extension if I so desired. Down the road if it comes out or I seel the boat, I take off the mounting block and put the cup holder ring back in everything looks stock again.

Seno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Thank you for the write up, used your location as a guide mounting mine!

Ricks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Since I have mentioned it in several threads and I don't want to hijack others, I will just consolidate here.
Garmin 93sv with GT56 Transducer on a 2020 AR210.

Transducer is on custom aluminum mount, channel and plate picked up from Lowes. The aluminum is 1/8" Thickness both the plate and channel. NOTE: if someone wants to do the same mount, I can give you all the measurements of what I cut. Currently it is bolted together but may have the mount welded together later after testing. It is bolted to the ride plate on the Port side, since the 2020 AR210 has a paddle wheel on the starboard side just in front of the ride plate.

WARNING: I was cutting the aluminum on my Dewalt 12" Compound Miter/Chop Saw. Using 96Teeth. It cuts like butter. Everything was clamped, but a clamp came loose and the Aluminum kicked back and tore through my finger on my left hand vey bad. The Admiral took me to the ER and that was how Friday night ended. Be very careful cutting the Aluminum. Clamp it down good. Better yet use jigsaw or a hack saw, etc.

The GT56 Transducer is long and it was mounted and verified that the Articulating Keel did not hit hit. The boat also has Cobra steering on it, the transducer is under them as well.

The stock plastic mount that comes with it, TBH, feels awful flimsy and I can see it snapping off at speed if something hits it. I didn't want the transducer smacking around and getting destroyed or tearing up the gelcoat back there.

The install was done in a way that it could be removed easily if I wanted to sell the boat and remove the Garmin or change to a different chart/plotter in the future. The only hole in the gelcoat is above the waterline and that is to pass the transducer cable through. 4200 UV was used on that hole with clam.

All wires were routed through the engine compartment along the Starboard wall and come through just under the seat where they are ran along side the existing cables to the Helm.

For the Garmin mount itself I went through several test fittings and came up with the one you see below. I removed the dash cup holder. I cut a piece of 4.5" x 6" x 3/4" King Starboard Black. I then chamfered the ends to give it a better look at 45 degrees on table saw. The starboard was used to cover the cup hole. This worked great for how I wanted it.

I did also purchase the cupholder RAM mount that goes directly into the cupholder as some have done, but upon testing it I didn't feel it was as sturdy without an additional securing as it is now directly secured down.

The Mount is a Medium RAM Mount Universal. I mounted it in such a way that I could swing it right and down and it would only hide my two Tach's. Or up to eh left and it sticks out a bit but I have full view of the helm. If I put it straight up and rotate it, I can read it easily from the bow (A trolling motor is getting mounted next) so I can fish from the bow and see it clearly. If I swing it up high to the left, it can be easily seen from the Stern if I am back there fishing as well.

There is a hole right behind the RAM mount. As you will notice it goes right down to through the cup holder hole (cupholder was removed). I have a Garmin Grommet on order and it should be here in a couple days. What is nice is that I didn't have to drill another hole and it will be waterproof for the most part without having to use sealant or other.

I can return the mount back to stock easily and remove the Garmin or move it in the future if I need to. I put the cupholder aside and can reinstall the stock cupholder as well. I made sure the entire install was clean and didn't slop up the 4200 UV.

I did like @Julian mount a lot. The only thing is I couldn't swivel it enough with the glass to see it from the bow, at least that is how it appeared when i test fitted it there on the right.

I have several length aluminum arm lengths so I can easily switch on the water while testing. Of course a 1" long slide hole would of been better, but it is hard with the fingers on my left hand immobilized right now.

All Screws and bolts are Stainless Steel'

Here are the majority of parts.

Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 93sv Touch-Screen Fish Finder/Chartplotter Combo with LakeVü G3 Inland Maps | Bass Pro Shops

Amazon.com: Garmin 010-12006-11 Transducer Transom Mount: Automotive

Amazon.com: Garmin Cable grommet: Garmin

Amazon.com: RAM Drill-Down Marine Electronic Mount: Sports & Outdoors
i like the transducer location and mount. Would like to know how the transducer mount location has worked out for you now that you have had some time on the water. Does the bracket and transducer cause any problems located that low ? Any spray or turbulence that’s noticeable ? Thank you for sharing your work. I need to move my transducer. My location is not working at speeds over 15 mph and side scan is affected at current location.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ricks It works fantastic, no issues. I actually shortened the arms, experimenting. No spray or anything negative what so ever. Kids feet never came close to it either.

Ricks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Ricks It works fantastic, no issues. I actually shortened the arms, experimenting. No spray or anything negative what so ever. Kids feet never came close to it either.
Thank you for replying. I will use the same setup.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ricks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very nice !!! I have a $2500 dollar hummingbird solix that only works at low speeds. It will not take much to move the transducer. I was thinking about purchasing another transducer for dual side scan but moving the transducer lower will be much better.

Attachments

Berberman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only hole in the gelcoat is above the waterline and that is to pass the transducer cable through. 4200 UV was used on that hole with clam.

All wires were routed through the engine compartment along the Starboard wall and come through just under the seat where they are ran along side the existing cables to the Helm.
@HangOutdoors do you have a picture of where you put the hole in the gelcoat? the wire route is the only thing I am unsure about in this hole process.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BlueAR210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you wish you had your Garmin and trolling motor integrated (like what is available with a Hummingbird)?

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hangoutdoors,

If you shortened the arms have you taken another picture of your transducer mount? After Hummingbird posted their spring rebates this year, I splurged and am now mounting a Helix9 into the dash this year. I am using your mounting as the go-to on how its done. Thanks for a spot - on writeup.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't right now. Boat is still in storage which I did this winter. May not have it out for few more weeks or so. Weather is crap here in michigan.