• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini July 2nd-8th 2023

AlanSnyder91

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I would love to join you guys! It would be my family first time crossing as well!!

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would love to join you guys! It would be my family first time crossing as well!!
Sounds good - if you want, you can let us know how many are traveling with and I can update the roster. Also, we've got a FB page for the rest of the group that's not on the forum if you want to PM me your info and I'll add you there.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, finally looked at options of where to store the 14gal gas can. Looks like I have 3 options. I can strap it down on the swim. I would still have easy access to the clean out ports. With the passenger seat slid all the way up it will fit behind it. It will also fit in the bow of the boat with the big cooler we will be taking.
Don’t put anything in the bow of your boat for the crossing. The only thing we had in front of the windshield was shoes and some cheap inflateables all under the seats. If it’s rough when crossing you want everything towards the rear of the boat. Make sure that your anchor is NOT in the locker. Stow it under a rear seat.

Papa Erp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in Bimini now until Wednesday if anyone needs anything while I'm here. I wish I was going with the group, but maybe next year.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in Bimini now until Wednesday if anyone needs anything while I'm here. I wish I was going with the group, but maybe next year.
Just you and the wife this time or are the boys with you??? Did you end up getting a different boat yet??

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know we are getting close!! I wanted to let everyone know that we rented the two bedroom AirBnB, but we will only be using one of the bedrooms. If anyone is looking to come, we have an extra room!

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Were you able to keep your truck and trailer at Harbour Towne?

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know we are getting close!! I wanted to let everyone know that we rented the two bedroom AirBnB, but we will only be using one of the bedrooms. If anyone is looking to come, we have an extra room!
Ya, we still need to decode on a room at HT and Bimini.

Haven’t really been focusing on it cuz we’ve got another trip next month and I’ve been working on getting the boat back running which of course I had a hand in breaking...

IIRC you’re not staying in resorts world, correct?

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ya, we still need to decode on a room at HT and Bimini.

Haven’t really been focusing on it cuz we’ve got another trip next month and I’ve been working on getting the boat back running which of course I had a hand in breaking...

IIRC you’re not staying in resorts world, correct?
Yes, @Jason Crump and I are staying at an AirBnB. His boat has their own apartment. I was thinking another couple might be coming with us when I booked, which didn't end up happening. So, I ended up with an extra room in my apartment.

Papa Erp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just you and the wife this time or are the boys with you??? Did you end up getting a different boat yet??
Just the wife and I. Been here for two weeks. Boat money depleted since wife bought a condo over here. I'm back on the hunt for another boat when we get back. Been too long without one.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For those wondering about gas usage.....We ran out of gas during our last crossing in a 2016 242X. We always take extra, and fueled up just outside Bimini Cove (so as not to run out while entering the harbor). This was a rough crossing .... the roughest we crossed in, which is why we used so much gas, and why we always take extra cans.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For those wondering about gas usage.....We ran out of gas during our last crossing in a 2016 242X. We always take extra, and fueled up just outside Bimini Cove (so as not to run out while entering the harbor). This was a rough crossing .... the roughest we crossed in, which is why we used so much gas, and why we always take extra cans.
Oh....add to that there was more sargassum than we've ever seen too.

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just a heads up, I reached out to the rep at the Bahia Mar marina to work on getting us set up for the trip, she’s out of town until Monday - hope to get in touch with her next week. Are all of us planning on arriving the night before and docking there?

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh....add to that there was more sargassum than we've ever seen too.
Ya I’ve read the articles indicating that there’s a sargassum mega bloom heading our way from Africa, I’m sure we’re going to get nailed with that. Hoping to make it a point during the capt’s meeting on how to dislodge it.

Im not trying to be a downer, but please take caution on your trip. There has recently been a few instances of boats stolen in Bimini. Be careful. Here is an article from last night on FB.

The link won’t open unless you’re part of the FB group but agreed, security is always of the highest importance on the trip. We have always made sure to cover the boat and leave it empty of valuables (take out the GPS) but now (with my gained electrical knowledge after chasing down my stupid short lol) I might add an extra layer of disabling the boat as well. In the end it’s not about making your boat unstealable, but rather making it harder than the other boats around.

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just a heads up, I reached out to the rep at the Bahia Mar marina to work on getting us set up for the trip, she’s out of town until Monday - hope to get in touch with her next week. Are all of us planning on arriving the night before and docking there?
Out plan is to arrive in Ft Lauderdale late Friday night or Saturday morning. All of that will depend on when we actually get on the road. We are planning on staying at Bahia Mar.

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I talked to them last week also. I was trying to get Friday (6/30) and Saturday (7/1) night. She sent me a docusign, but the envelope expired before I had a chance to execute it. I was working with Bayley Usmar.

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, I talked to them last week also. I was trying to get Friday (6/30) and Saturday (7/1) night. She sent me a docusign, but the envelope expired before I had a chance to execute it. I was working with Bayley Usmar.
I gotcha. Well it seems like since they've been bought out by Suntex (at least that's Stephanie's reason) there's no more leeway in group pricing, dock minimums, etc.. The rate is $3.10/ft per night with a 40' minimum, so we'd be looking at $124/nt +tax...

Not ideal, but the convenience outweighs any money saved by trying to stay elsewhere in my book. One small silver lining is that the rates haven't been posted yet so no reservations can't be made aka there's plenty of availability. I asked her if she wouldn't mind letting me know when they're open for reservations but will check back next week if I don't hear.