• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Heads up for a possible COBRA JET STEERING COMBO SALE.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have placed an order and as soon as I have the inventory in stock I will offer you a special combo deal on two sets of steering .
the COBRA ULTIMATE and COBRA MEGA FANG PLUS twin engine setups for a special to be announced price.
I will also offer the MAGNUM A K STEERING with the MEGA FANG PLUS for the AK system for a special to be announced sale price. This sale will be announced when I have the inventory in hand, It will be open to anyone , shipping in the U S A will be included at no extra charge.
This offer will not be valid in combination with any other discounts or offers.
These steering system combinations offer all time steering, water sport steering, off power steering ,docking steering, improved real reverse steering and other features like adjustability to set your system's effect to the exact level you want.
This is Not a group buy , everyone will be aware of the exact priced before they order so if you are considering a new boat now you can get a steering system that will make you believe you have one without the expense. If you would rather smile when you operate your boat rather than doing the left right corrections in the helm all the time, If you want a boat that will steer even when you are rapidly decelerating , and if you want others to feel comfortable driving your boat so you can have some watersport fin or just relax and not have to hang over them while they deal with the steering issues. Here is a chance to upgrade your steering rather than your boat. So keep an eye out for the beginning of this sale. In the mean time do your homework and buy your last steering system first.
Find information here www.cobrajetsteering.com and here https://www.facebook.com/Cobra-jet-steering-257584527645178/?view_public_for=257584527645178 Making jet boats steer and drivers smile since 2001

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Definitely interested in the Ultimate. but please don't forget us newer 19' owners for which the combo is not available.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am in when this is announced!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Good point, so I will deal with these as direct requests and handle them accordingly on the 19 foot rudder boats but I will also offer the ultimate and mega fang plus combo for the non keel 19 footers offering the same price per part as if it were a twin order.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok thank you. I hope to have all the parts I ordered within a week but I am not going to hold my breath, however I really gave them hell about the hold up on my last order so I hope that rock I accidently tossed through their front window was convincing.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If you had to guess, how long would it take for the parts to get to SC? (Including the time it will take for them to get to you?)

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I ship priority mail so 2 days to get there But I do not know how long for them to provide me with my order .
All these parts are laser cut and tumbled, then I personally have to form the actuators and side force stabilizerson the Ultimates one at a time using a press and jigs , on the magnum ak systems I have to form the brackets for the fins and the bases for the mega fangs plus also the mega fang plus have a 2 stage forming process one in a hand jig and one in a press. And I have to cut out the back of the mega fang plus for the tie rod clearances by hand. All this being done by me personally, and there are stickers to be installed and hardware to be counted and packaged again all by me, although if I wine a lot my girlfriend will help with the packaging of the hardware since my wrists go numb.
So I run a hands on business because it's my baby. I started this many years ago and I still run everything from billing to shipping and that's how I like it. I hope to get the parts next week

Last edited:

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will you also offer the Magnum AK fins with the standard AK fangs or will it be just mega fangs?

Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just the mega fang plus, the ak fangs are only like 45 dollars anyway so no place to go on those. What you want to look at is end cost that is what it all comes down to, what is the bottom line .

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just the mega fang plus, the ak fangs are only like 45 dollars anyway so no place to go on those. What you want to look at is end cost that is what it all comes down to, what is the bottom line .
Its not so much the price but being able to incorporate the JBP lasteral thrusters. I don't think the mega fangs allow for it whereas the standard AK's do.

Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am told people are doing that but I did not build them for that purpose so I really have no first hand info , perhaps the people who have tried it will chime in . That being said I could consider doing some sort of promo on that combo if more people are interested.

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I just bought a 2012 seadoo challenger 210 with twins what would work best for this boat? The jet is definitely a learning curve but nothing I can't do. The ks

chadweiser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
967386C4-36CC-4DC5-B911-7C6CA0181C88.png I had Jeff’s fins on my 2007 seadoo challenger 230 and it made a world of difference. And that’s all you need for your boat, your reverse is just fine.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I make that setup for both single and twin engines people get better steering at slow speed and high speed plus water sport activities. this is the setup of the same system when placed on a twin engine jet boat that uses the sea doo 4 tec engines and pumps like Chaparral ,Scarab ,Glastron

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
If they do a group buy I'm in, if not I will wait till winter and have a project to mess with since I just got the boat

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes! Magnum AK with standard fangs. Then we can still add lateral thrusters.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So I hope to get my order this week and begin taking orders based on the " THIS IS NOT A GROUP BUY SALE " ! ULTIMATE with the Mega Fang Plus for twin engine boats $399.99 and$7 for shipping priority mail in the U S A.
Magnum A K steering with the A K MEGA FANG system $399.99 and$7 for priority mail in the u s a.
Magnum A K system with the single A K fangs is $279.99 Single engine ULTIMATE setups will reflect similar pricing. Must include email address, state the order is being shipped to plus the year and model of the boat.
Ordering may begin now if you wish but shipping may be delayed due to inventory availability as I mentioned previously.
Sale will end with a 24 hour notice.
Sale pricing may not be combined with other promotions , discounts or offers. All warranties posted on my web page apply as does the 30 day money back guarantee as always.
If you wish to add in EZ LOCKS for your clean out plugs those are 39.95 for a twin engine set and may be shipped with the sale parts .
To obtain this price you must email me directly with make model and year of your boat, what you wish to purchase and where it is being shipped to. Jeff@cobrajetsteering.com

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC I know it's a bit early, as those new Yamaha lateral thruster steering/reverse nozzles have not been officially released, yet. But, is there a way/can you tell which fins would work with the new Yamaha nozzles (in AK hull twins, like my 2016 AR240)? Planning a new design?

I know for sure I will be switching to the new style steering/reverse nozzles, as soon as those becomes available. But I still want fins "down all the time"...

This is going to be interesting!

--