• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrophase Ridesteady GPS Speed Control JETBOATERS.NET Member Discount, Feb 2023

Gonzalo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anybody with experience installing Ridesteady near Miami FL?
I know the standard answer is "anyone / any dealer can do it following the instructions" , but I just don't want them to learn for the first time with my boat.

Rooster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know the standard answer is "anyone / any dealer can do it following the instructions" , but I just don't want them to learn for the first time with my boat.
Just follow the instructions and do it yourself. It's one of the easiest mods I've ever done on anything.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The standard answer still holds. Much of the installation process is unplugging and replugging connectors. In case you were curious, both the install video and the manual are here: https://www.hydrophase.com/support?term_node_tid_depth=30

Most of our customers self-install, but many dealers have installed Ridesteady. Unfortunately, I don't have any specific recommendations for the Miami area.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take an afternoon and do it yourself in the driveway. It's remarkably simple and you can do it with hand tools and following the instructions.

Biggest hiccup I had on mine was removing the "nubs" from the dash fill piece so the dial would fit in place. Few minutes with a hand file going slow and checking often and it slipped right in. The rest is plug/play with existing harnesses (that are clearly labeled and easy to find), then mounting/running wires.

I seriously think I had maybe 2hrs in my installation. Possibly 3 because I stopped to drink a beer or two along the way.

If you're looking for a custom installer. Cover my plane ticket down and back from Louisville and I'll come install it for you :D :D

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Take an afternoon and do it yourself in the driveway. It's remarkably simple and you can do it with hand tools and following the instructions.

Biggest hiccup I had on mine was removing the "nubs" from the dash fill piece so the dial would fit in place. Few minutes with a hand file going slow and checking often and it slipped right in. The rest is plug/play with existing harnesses (that are clearly labeled and easy to find), then mounting/running wires.

I seriously think I had maybe 2hrs in my installation. Possibly 3 because I stopped to drink a beer or two along the way.

If you're looking for a custom installer. Cover my plane ticket down and back from Louisville and I'll come install it for you :D :D
I've never installed one either, but you better make that 2 plane tickets from Louisville so I can receive hands on training!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never installed one either, but you better make that 2 plane tickets from Louisville so I can receive hands on training!!
You just want to party in Miami. I'm no chump :D

More the merrier though as far as I'm concerned.

If you do end up getting one and need help installing, let me know. Be glad to lend a hand.