• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The COBRA ULTIMATE STEERING SYSTEM is spring loaded & adjustable to a number of influence levels and it is also selectable so you can decide if you want the fins to stay down all the time and just how far they stay in the water, or if you want them to go up at speed you can do that also, although most people love the full time steering assistance provided with the fins down at speed especially in turns when you rapidly decelerate allowing you to stay in control.
Full time steering is also important to water sports control and excellent tracking at speed as well as rough conditions or heavy boat traffic areas.
For the single engine 19 foot boats we also have the viper with a planning surface, fins and fangs all built in to one system.
Since releasing the VIPER systems last year they have become a very popular system for the 19 foot application as they provide quicker planning, all time steering enhancement, improved real reverse control and a power steering effect.
Although the viper is not compatible with the lateral thruster the Ultimate steering system is available in both regular and the new alternate side force stabilizer setups leaving the bottom nozzle bolt available for other modifications . Also the viper N K and NK2 are compatible with the mega fang setup since those models are for boats without the rudder they more than make up for that difference.
If you want to add full time steering that allows you to decide how much influence you get and you want to mix it with the lateral thruster , just notify me and I can show you the various options, several people have chosen this rout already as they desire the benefit of full time steering on their boat but they also want lateral thrust , my job is to give you what you want!
Since you can not use our mega fangs on the 19 foot keel boats you can add the lateral thruster to the ultimate steering if you use the new alternate side force stabilizer as I mentioned.
Note on all other models both A K , and regular nozzle setups, single engine and twin engine the mega fangs will give you enhanced real reverse steering, serious stopping power, even more top end steering control and power steering effect at a great price with the 30 day money back guarantee as always.
For the A K twin engine boats we have the magnum A K steering with the additional tie rod to balance out your steering system and allow you to remove all the play in the steering and adjust the leading edges of the steering fins to have a tow in for excellent high speed tracking plus you have the option of adding the A K mega fangs OR the lateral thrusters to this system your choice! The mega fangs offer numerous benefits at a very nice price plus the 30 day money back guarantee.
If you don't see what you need on my web site you are always welcome to call me or email me with your questions, and yes I do have another system in the works.
Just waiting for the new parts to arrive . But that is for another day perhaps sooner than later.

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can you share a photo of the alternate bracket for Ultimates?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
On the older style nozzles " pre 2015" this is the bracket

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
yes there are two bolts that attach it to the nozzle as shown in the pictures

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
979C39EA-1E00-47B1-9CAC-A8CDB4860151.jpeg 7FA13814-BEB6-4170-A689-E6DE22127197.jpeg 1319F13B-CF72-443D-BCD8-2CC92B5CAAB8.jpeg This is photo of my setup(installed by previous owner) I’m assuming these are Ultimates. They are spring loaded. Plate/bracket that they rest on is mounted to lower center bolt. 2014 242ls Why does this plate have a spacer thicker than the bracket?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It was done by design and must be there if you have the instructions handy it is explained that you must have play in the bolt so the nozzle can turn freely if you look at your nozzle it actually floats >

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is an older 6 hole set that appears to have the stainless bolt replaced with a steel bolt on the fin the washer is not the original one either the fins also have special spacers that are made so the fins also float free until the actuator is attached and this is also important. Also if you fail to use proper thread locking compound on the bottom bolt it will work loose This is also very important . If you are installing a used set of steering you really should have the instructions emailed to you so it is installed correctly. this video may help.