• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lupe’s Tortilla’s Charro Beans Recipe

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This is absolutely a killer pot of beans. Not really beans, charro beans! And I wasn't a big fan of charro over refried when eating mexican. But I wanted to just do a great, rich beans recipe to go with baby back ribs. I did these and have fed them to several different groups of people...and all thought they were the best bean side dish they ever had! So here is the recipe, and hope you enjoy them! Oh, I modified the recipe and did them in a crock pot just to save time and energy!

Attachments

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow...those sound fantastic! And to me, the difference between a good cook and a bad one is whether they keep or discard the bacon grease. I will absolutely be trying these soon - thanks for sharing!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get those every time I eat at Lupe ... which is about once per week!
image.jpg
AND LUPE CHARRO BEANs

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Is the place in Houston? I looked up charro beans and came up with that recipe. I doctored it a tad with recommended options...how I made them seem to be what most people said was in them. But I changed the recipe to how I did them. They were absolutely a meal in themselves! And with ribs, OMG!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The place I go is in Austin. Don't know if it is the only one but it's the only one I know.
They serve chips and sales AND warm charro bean dip complimentary and I always fill up on them. Mmmm mmmm good

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I wanted to add some pics. I am cooking the beans as we a peak! Applewood smoked bacon and the whole thing in the pot! Been cooking about 2 hours. And here they are at that point!image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh MAN that looks good!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I keep forgetting to post this.

A few weeks ago, I was in Arizona for a vacation, and made these beans for the whole family sight unseen (and never even tested.) They did not disappoint - they were a huge hit. People who didn't normally like beans ate them and took seconds.

So @txav8r , cheers to a fantastic recipe. I shared where I got the recipe, so you have fans you've never met!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Lee, we all have tons of friends we have never met! Right here on jetboaters.net! But were going to meet one of these days!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm back in Austin this week and I'm going back to Lupe Tortilla for beans! :woot:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm back in Austin this week and I'm going back to Lupe Tortilla for beans! :woot:
I have never actually eaten there Mark. But I found their copy cat recipe on the internet and that is the one I did and shared. Good beans!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lee, we all have tons of friends we have never met! Right here on jetboaters.net! But were going to meet one of these days!
Yes, yes, and yes!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Add me to the list of tried and loved! Made them for a church group cookout tonight and they were a huge hit. Everyone absolutely loved them, including me.