• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need some help with this decision

Brooksy400

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hello to all. I know I know, someone else looking for advice lol

We are currently looking at either a 195 or 215 (both impulse), and was wondering if there are any Canadians on here with an idea of what selling prices they are seeing on these. And for everyone, we are wondering if there is a big difference in the seating area between the 2. More specifically, would 2 adults 6' tall fit in the bow area somewhat comfortably?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I remember when I was boat shopping last year and looking at the 195 that if I was much taller the bow would probably be a little tight. I am about 5'9". I would guess that the 215 has a larger bow area and someone 6'+ would be more comfortable in that boat. I really like the Scarabs, and think Yamaha could really take a few solid points from some of the Scarab features, but the bow area is one spot where I think the Yamaha out shines the Scarab (at least in the 19' class).

Rule of thumb is buy as much boat as you can comfortably afford though so if you can manage the 215, that's what I would do. I don't think many people have ever said that they just have too much damn room (in a runabout class). If you are looking to save some money and think the 195 is more suited to your needs (and you aren't the one 6' tall), don't worry too much about your tall friends. They will still be happy to join you on your beautiful boat even if they need to bend their knees a little bit in the bow. Happy hunting!

Brooksy400

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks for the info. I am 6' tall and don't mind bending my knees lol. I was leaning more towards the 215, however our dealer is also a mastercraft dealer and their new nxt 20' is less than $5000 so if we think we will outgrow the 195 in a few years then I'll make the jump to the mastercraft. Thanks again!

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Haven't read all the replies and may be late to the conversation....after purchasing the 195 the 215 came out. I looked at it and thought it was much roomier and maybe more head space for my 6'3" height. But as I looked through the engine compartment I noticed how much space the twin engines took up. So the deep cycle battery I installed would have been a little more challenging from what I recall. So the pros of twins would be if one quits you have a second.....more speed...etc. The cons....more maintenance....more fuel....etc. In my opinion and for our use the 195 was the better option. I figure this is our first boat and it will be short term. Later down the road we can look to upgrade.

Brooksy400

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks for the info, and I agree on the pros and cons. I haven't gotten actual pricing from our dealer, but it seems like there is $20k difference between the 195 and 215. I realize there is a second motor in the 215, but hard to justify the price difference if the 195 is big enough for us. Decisions, decisions, lol