• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Red, White, and Bleu Steak Sandwiches

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Killer recipe I stumbled upon watching GMA in '08, I don't think I watched GMA more than once or twice before that, or since then. Just happened to get really lucky and catch it that day.

Feasty Boys Red, White, and Bleu Flank SteakSandwiches

2lb Flank Steak
1 bottle Red Wine Vinegar Salad Dressing
2c Bleu Cheese Crumbles
1c Sun Dried Tomatoes
2T Garlic
1/2 small onion diced
1/2lb Bacon fried and crumbled
1/2c Ritz Crackers crumbled
4c Baby Spinach, chopped
1/2c Beer
2oz Olive Oil
Montreal Steak Seasoning

Marinate steak in a ziplock Baggie with Red Wine Vinegar Salad Dressing for several hours (3-4 at least is my personal preference overnight is best if possible).

Fry bacon, when done remove and crumble in a large mixing bowel. Drain grease, but reserve 1 to 2T in pan. Add chopped garlic, and diced onion when it begins to brown add the beer. Using a wooden spoon scrape the pan getting all the remaining bacon pieces off the bottom. (Deviation from original recipe - add the chopped sun dried tomatoes about 1-2 minutes before the spinach). Add chopped spinach and wilt 15-20 seconds. Scrape the entire pan into the mixing bowel with the crumbled bacon. Add Bleu Cheese crumbles, crushed Ritz Crackers, and green onion, mix thoroughly.

Remove steak from marinade, discarding unused marinade. Season steak liberally with Montreal Steak Seasoning, and place on grill over medium high heat. Grill 5-6 minutes per side (or to your preferred level of doneness). Remove from heat and let rest at least 5 minutes (10-15 minutes is better, as this allows the steak to relax, and the juice to flow back into the meat). Slice thinly on the bias (across the grain) and pile (ok the original said place, but pile is better!) on a bun (Kaiser, Ciabata, or my favorite Onion rolls). Top liberally with the Bleu Cheese Mixture, and enjoy.

I plan on serving this with a side of Lupe's Charro Beans tonight!! @txav8r Mel, I'm totally addicted to your Charro Beans!

Enjoy the holiday, and be safe my friends!

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks Mike (@cane.mba ) those beans are great, but I just found the recipe and shared it, I didn't invent it. Line you, I did alter it a tad, but they are great! Gotta try these sandwiches. We are at my moms today and dricig home in the morning. Headed out on the boat tomorrow evening, wish I had time to do this before we went out, sounds great!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds great​

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can confirm, the Charro beans were the perfect side for the Red White and Bleu! Had our neighbors come over and had very little steak left, and about a spoonful of beans. Followed it up with some homemade Piña Colada ice cream!

Top Bottom