• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD-2008 Yamaha SX230 Jet Boat- Only 50 Hrs.! - $24000

up4speed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
_DSC0500.JPG _DSC0507 - Copy.JPG _DSC0507 - Copy.JPG _DSC0507 - Copy.JPG It has come time to sell my boat :(. The kids have gotten older and we don't use it much anymore. Last season it was used once and this season it was used twice so far.
It is in absolutely mint condition. The interior is basically perfect and the exterior has very few minor blemishes that I would have to probably point out for you to see. The boat runs like new and everything works like new.
It needs nothing and it's ready to go with many included accessories. I have the original shipping cover along with the bimini and bow covers. It was meticulously maintained with regular oil changes, proper winterizations, and yearly spark plug changes. The engines were flushed after every use with SaltAway. The galvanized trailer with a tandem axle (with brakes) is also in very good condition.
It is a very fun, and fast boat. Great boat for a family.
The boat is located on long Island, NY. I can be very flexible to show or demo the boat to anyone who is interested.
There is only approx. 50 hrs on the boat and asking price is $27,000. This is a well "above" average boat priced lower than the NADA guide for "average retail" which is $28,415 with the options.

photo 1 Large.JPG photo 2 Large.JPG photo 3 Large.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever hook up a computer to read the actual hours?
This looks like another great deal that I will miss. I'm not in the market but it looks like a great deal. :thumbsup:

up4speed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you ever hook up a computer to read the actual hours?
This looks like another great deal that I will miss. I'm not in the market but it looks like a great deal. :thumbsup:
When I purchased it used from the Yamaha dealer, I had them hook up the computer in front of me. They showed me that the engines had 14 Hrs. on it at the time. I then ordered an hour meter (the type that wraps around the spark plug wire). By the time the meter came in the mail, I put an additional 5 hours on it +/-. I installed the meter which now says approximately 30 Hours on it. Based on all that I estimated the hours at approx. 50 Hrs.
I can guarantee that the person that buys this will be VERY happy with it, it is in awesome condition. I just need to wash and wax it when I get a chance and get some nice pictures with a high quality camera!

up4speed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I lowered the price! I really don't want to winterize it again, and pay for another year of insurance, etc. so I'm giving it for $24,000 to the first person that responds.
That's a great deal for this boat! It's an awesome family boat.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I changed the thread title to reflect the price change.

up4speed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I updated my photos after I washed it.
I'm not sure if they came out ok but I tried ;)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks clean to me!

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Fantastic looking boat! If I was a little closer, I'd come knocking on your door to check it out! :thumbsup:

up4speed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks guys! I appreciate it. It really is in incredible shape aesthetically and mechanically.
I did have someone look at it today and I'm going to do a water test with him tomorrow. I'm pretty confident that he will buy it because there is really no reason not to! lol
I keep all my stuff in top condition, so historically everything I have sold in the past always sold to the first person to see it! I doubt that this boat is any different.
My only concern was that I am trying to sell it during the wrong season. However, if someone buys soon, they will still get at least 4 or 5 uses out of it before the cold weather hits.

up4speed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
SOLD!
Thanks for looking