• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone with YDS on LKN that could clear a check engine light.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I only have Mac computers so the yds won’t work on it. Some of you have posted not having much luck using it on 2017’s. So I really don’t want to buy a computer I wouldn’t use. The dealer wants $410 to plug in. 2017 ar240. Located in Denver NC lake Norman. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: the boat runs fine I can drive it on the lake to you.

Last edited:

Matt F

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I only have Mac computers so the yds won’t work on it. Some of you have posted not having much luck using it on 2017’s. So I really don’t want to buy a computer I wouldn’t use. The dealer wants $410 to plug in. 2017 ar240. Located in Denver NC lake Norman. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: the boat runs fine I can drive it on the lake to you.
Any Luck? I have 2107 242 Limited SE and I have check engine light on and just want to read the code.

I bought the YDS ver 1.33 on Amazon with plug for $79.00 and is supposed to works with a laptop, but it would not hook up. Program started up and connected, but it I was missing a file and would not do anything more. I returned it. Still searching.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any Luck? I have 2107 242 Limited SE and I have check engine light on and just want to read the code.

I bought the YDS ver 1.33 on Amazon with plug for $79.00 and is supposed to works with a laptop, but it would not hook up. Program started up and connected, but it I was missing a file and would not do anything more. I returned it. Still searching.
This is an edit from the original post. Idk if it will help you. Does the boat run fine with alarm coming on? Mine was codes 232 and 233 if if I remember right, which was listed as an ignition issue.
EDIT: So I spent a bunch of money on a pc and an interface that didn’t work. It might have been user error I’ll find out Monday. Part of the procedure hooking it up is disconnecting the tach. The port tach has communication with the ecu so it can’t talk to the tool and boat at the same time. While bumping the key to wake up the ecu I got all kinds off errors on the connext but the check engine alarm cleared. Im not sure if it cleared with the port tach disconnected or both of them. I took it out at about 5800 rpm’s for 4 miles and then full throttle for about a mile and the alarm didn’t come back. I don’t know if this is the answer to clear it but it worked for me.

PopPopDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2017 242 limited E series. Just had a local mechanic change oil, filter plugs, etc (100 hour service) but he does not know how to reset the check engine showing 100 hour service due. Bought the YDS 1.33 followed all instructions but it turns out it is missing a database file that will only be available in the YDS 2.0 version. How do I reset the service engine warning?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can do it in the connext screen in a sub menu I just can’t remember where it is off hand I need to be doing it to find it. I think I did a search here to figure it out.