• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2024 SX250

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pulled the trigger on a 2024 SX250 yesterday....I didn't get any real good photos but here a couple. Traded in our 2019 SX210. Would have liked to have gotten an AR version but the SX fits in the garage. Bought both boats from Team Winnebagoland and always a good experience there.

IMG_2057.jpg IMG_2058.jpg 9083324_952964247_0_111020230622_1.jpg

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
for anyone shopping for the 2024's.....we ended up getting the stoltz bow roller, mooring cover, swim up seats, and the 4 year additional Y.E.S. warranty. I hate paying for extended warranties but with the new 1.9L engines being somewhat of an unknown, felt i needed to do it.

I had forgotten these boats don't come with an anchor..... the anchor from our 210 fit in compartment so we took that before trading in.

the mooring cover was in stock, the swim up seats are on back-order and not sure when they are going to be available.....dealer they said they wouldn't be surprised if it was 6 months + before they get the swim up seats in.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can’t wait to hear how you like the new boat!
I'm very curious about top speed with the 1.9's (couldn't find much information on this before buying), and hoping for significant sound reductions from from the upgraded engines.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Nice ride. I am curious how the 1.9's perform as well. I was awaiting a 2024 252SD but took the plunge on the 255xd. I must say the twin 1.8sc puts you back in your seat......

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't been on 1 yet with the 1.9's, but I do know someone who just got one and I will be out in a few months or so on it right after the thaw. Interested in seeing the diference.

YamaVol

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat!

Looking at both boats with full tanks of fuel, you are going from a boat that had a weight to power ratio of 15.64:1, to a boat that has a weight to power ratio of 10.95:1, I think you’ll notice a 30% gain in power to weight.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat!

Looking at both boats with full tanks of fuel, you are going from a boat that had a weight to power ratio of 15.64:1, to a boat that has a weight to power ratio of 10.95:1, I think you’ll notice a 30% gain in power to weight.
my old 2019 SX210 was getting top end speeds in the upper 30's/low 40's. Hoping to see upper 40's with two adults, two kids, and full tank of gas.

we will see once spring gets here. not that often I feel comfortable going that fast, but nice to have it on those rare occasions you get calm conditions. theoretically, should be cruising at lower RPM's with the bigger engines making for a quieter ride.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got the boat out for the first time this weekend. still working on completing the break-in so didn't go above 6,000 rpm but here are the things I noticed vs my old SX210 with the TR-1

1) engine noise definitely quieter at lower rpm's vs the TR-1's. seemed quieter at higher RPM's too but wind noise makes it hard to compare
2) engine noise seemed deeper vs the higher pitch noise from the TR-1's.
3) Bilge was dry after pulling the plug which is always a good sign
4) Cleanout plugs take quite a bit more efffort to get in vs my old boat. have to give them a good amount of downward force before turning to lock into place. not sure if they are like this or just mine.
5) no water on top of cleanout plugs at end of day (maybe associated with #4 above)
6) no water in the anchor locker (has a clamshell over the anchor locker drain which seems to work well)
7) maps in connext are pretty useless. Was hoping to no have to add a chartplotter but think I will need one after seeing the maps.

overall happy with the upgrade over the 2019 sx210 I had. next time out should be able to see what top speed looks like. I was seeing about 30-35mph at 5,500rpm with five people, flat water, but a decent amount of wind.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope to one day make the swap to the 25' like you did. I'd be going AR but I really do like that color combo. Please continue to give us updates, we're all curious about real world 1.9 performance. Congrat's!

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the boat out for the first time this weekend. still working on completing the break-in so didn't go above 6,000 rpm but here are the things I noticed vs my old SX210 with the TR-1

1) engine noise definitely quieter at lower rpm's vs the TR-1's. seemed quieter at higher RPM's too but wind noise makes it hard to compare
2) engine noise seemed deeper vs the higher pitch noise from the TR-1's.
3) Bilge was dry after pulling the plug which is always a good sign
4) Cleanout plugs take quite a bit more efffort to get in vs my old boat. have to give them a good amount of downward force before turning to lock into place. not sure if they are like this or just mine.
5) no water on top of cleanout plugs at end of day (maybe associated with #4 above)
6) no water in the anchor locker (has a clamshell over the anchor locker drain which seems to work well)
7) maps in connext are pretty useless. Was hoping to no have to add a chartplotter but think I will need one after seeing the maps.

overall happy with the upgrade over the 2019 sx210 I had. next time out should be able to see what top speed looks like. I was seeing about 30-35mph at 5,500rpm with five people, flat water, but a decent amount of wind.
Interesting on the speeds. For my '23 AR250, I am at 32MPH @ 6K RPMS with 3 people and full tank. Even though it's only 500RPMs, I think your top speed will be low 50s on calm days. Sounds like a great boat so far! :)

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interesting on the speeds. For my '23 AR250, I am at 32MPH @ 6K RPMS with 3 people and full tank. Even though it's only 500RPMs, I think your top speed will be low 50s on calm days. Sounds like a great boat so far! :)
what top speed are you seeing on your 2023? I wasn't paying a lot of attention to rpm's and speed. Next time out, I'll keep better track of it.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn't check oil levels either. Not sure if the 1.9's are sensitive to oils levels like the TR-1's were but I'll do that next time out as well.

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what top speed are you seeing on your 2023? I wasn't paying a lot of attention to rpm's and speed. Next time out, I'll keep better track of it.
We cruise at 6K RPM @ 32MPH. Wide open is little over 7Kish and around 47-48. Full of people wide open is low 40s.