• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Unconnected wire

PGH_Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
2023 Yamaha 252SD - opened my engine compartment to see a wire laying on the floor by the shower water tank.
Called my dealer and they’re asking I bring it in, however I just picked up from them, they winterized and opened it this season but apparently during the inspection didn’t notice it. The other issue the boat is 1.5hrs away from them now getting prepared to launch to be docked this week.
My question, can anyone identify the wire for me, it’s labeled “CBH” has a connector end with 2 wires (blue and white) going into the end…I would prefer to just plug it back in if I need be.

Attachments

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like it had a cap on it that is laying on the tank? Could be the diagnostic plug end.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wire harness tags are detailed in the back of each service manual. The dealer has to have one for your model, and should just be able to look up CBH for you.

PGH_Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Thank you, hopefully that’s all it is…it wasn’t laying in there last yr…the tech at the dealer said it “might be a an extra can bus wire, for features this boat doesn’t have”…that assessment was based off pictures. Every wire that is labeled in that compartment is connected and not just hanging…

PGH_Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Thank you Coult45, I asked them first and received a guess…of extra can bus cable…I’ll ask them again…appreciate the info!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Diagnostics cable.

PGH_Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Wire harness tags are detailed in the back of each service manual. The dealer has to have one for your model, and should just be able to look up CBH for you.
Thank you Coult45, I asked them first and received a guess…of extra can bus cable…I’ll ask them again…appreciate the info