• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Used SX210 Pricing aka Captain Hook's quest for the Jolly Roger

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I checked their inventory a couple months ago and dont remember seeing that there. But they trade with other dealers so its hard to tell where it came from. I would bet on it being a trade in though.

They only purchase quality boats, so I would trust that you're in good hands. (Do your own due diligence)

Chris Pine is the sales manager and Mike was my salesman. They both know me pretty well as a customer, so you can name drop to see to if it softens them up to getting you a better deal. No promises though....

I've bought Chris a case of beer before for taking care of me.

Last edited:

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe it is just me but I do not understand how you are willing to make an offer on a used boat that you have never been on, or driven and had no one check it out for you and in fact have never been on a moving Yamaha boat. What if you buy it and decide you do not like jet boats?

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I checked their inventory a couple months ago and dont remember seeing that there. But they trade with other dealers so its hard to tell where it came from. I would bet on it being a trade in though.

They only purchase quality boats, so I would trust that you're in good hands. (Do your own due diligence)

Chris Pine is the sales manager and Mike was my salesman. They both know me pretty well as a customer, so you can name drop to see to if it softens them up to getting you a better deal. No promises though....

I've bought Chris a case of beer before for taking care of me. He likes Yuengling :)

My last name is Anderson.
Great, thanks for the info.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Maybe it is just me but I do not understand how you are willing to make an offer on a used boat that you have never been on, or driven and had no one check it out for you and in fact have never been on a moving Yamaha boat. What if you buy it and decide you do not like jet boats?
You bring up many valid points but all of my offers thus far have been contingent on sea trials. When I said, "make an offer" above on the Beacon Light one, I meant after I saw it. ;) I can be there in an hour and a half, tops.

That said, I've been riding SeaDoos for over 20 years. I also grew up on the water and my dad always had a boat so I am no stranger to boating.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If this is the one you are looking at 2007 Yamaha Boats Wakeboard Series AR230 High Output.

It has bow and cockpit covers which are an accessory as well as upgrades including a Lowrance Plotter, a VHF Radio, a spare tire and a galvanized trailer.

My 2007 SX230 spins up to 10,200 RPM but will only go 45 to 46 MPH at the most. I may look at refurbishing the jets to see if I can get more out of it someday. My old LX210 would break 50 easily. But the reality is that I do not need that additional speed.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes, that is the one I was looking at. I did notice the difference in covers but I did not know that was an accessory. I did see the Lowrance, but not the radio.

I called over there and they are a broker so they're handling the sale for the owner. He said that there aren't any maintenance records because there was no maintenance other than changing the oil, which she did herself or her husband or son did. He says the condition is 9/10 but there are "a few nicks" on it. He also said that there was an offer of $23.5k on the table and the owner declined. He also said that it was not an "HO" model, despite the ad stating this several times. The shots of the engines aren't clear enough for me to read the labels either.

The search continues.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What year is that boat? All 230s'07-'09 are HOs and almost all '06s are,, half '05s are.

Last edited:

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
$23 is overpriced I believe.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
It's a 2007 so you are probably right. I think I see "High Output" under the AR230 on the side. I agree with Randall, seems a bit too high based on reports of what forum members have paid. I guess it's the summer effect. Either that or he and I are just cheap and that's why we're boatless. ;)

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Have you considered a 212ss or x. I see several SS models around $23 and you could probably talk um down. Any close to you?

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I would love one of those but they seem to pull a premium. There is one relatively close that just popped up but he is asking $26k. I guess not too astronomical but too high for me. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/boa/4560442362.html

That also screams "this is the picture I took when I first brought it home" to me which is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Damn it. Looking at that one I think the bar has now been set higher. That thing looks incredible.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Also, $23k isn't outrageous for an '07 230, depending on hours/condition. But just because a guy wants so much doesn't mean he will get it. Plenty of guys backwards. It is only worth what one will pay. And some will be worth MUCH more than others, even if over
Book. Post up all accessories and equipment as it can add tons or some things might actually decrease it if done poorly.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Still looking. I thought I had a 232 Limited for a screaming price but it sold before I got there. Maybe he just changed his mind? Not sure but I guess it wasn't in the cards for me.
Sorry guys, I have a bunch of "oars in the water" at this point.

My wife is leery of the hours on the SX230 and I can't help but compare this to cars; it's like I'm looking at a vehicle with 20k miles or one with 75k miles. I know this is an apples to oranges comparison, but the fact remains that I have wanted something under 100 hours.

Here are the options so far:

1. 2008 SX210 with 91 hours, in "good condition" (my description). Local. $19.4k. <---------- Wife's choice
2. 2008 AR230HO, unknown hours but estimated at 100ish, in "excellent condition" (except for one seat back). Local. Asking $28.9k. <---------My choice and I just offered $22k, waiting on response
3. 2007 SX230HO with 230 hours, in "mint condition", 150 miles away, $21k.
4. 2006 SX210 with 92 hours, in "mint condition", 90 miles away, $17.9k.
5. 2008 232 limited with "20 hours" (estimated), even more local, $25k.
I called again about number 3 here and got a different person. He says 7/8 out of 10 as far as condition but it does have some sun fading on the seats. Also he said the hours are 270. As much as I wanna like this one, the hours are just really putting me off. Sure, the engines will last a lot longer but the rest of the boat has nearly 300 hours on it too.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd be much more concerned with the fading on the seats than the engine. That indicates a lot of sun exposure which can also mean the deck carpet/padding is effected by the sun as are things like rubber gaskets etc. Too bad as this is so easy to prevent by simply covering the boat with a decent cover.

As a 210 owner I'd steer you away from #1 and #4 too. Go for #5 and see if you can whittle them down to your price comfort zone. I'm assuming a 2008 232 has HO engines.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yeah I would think that the seats would go along with the taking care of the boat like was apparently done. I'm told that the owner was "very meticulous." I guess it's just hard for me because my 2008 SeaDoo (albeit I did buy it new in 2009) still looks perfectly brand new because I've always taken immaculate care of it.

Thank you for that; number 1 and number 4 are very enticing because of the prices and proximity to me. The 232 does have HO engines. I tried getting him down but he has a payoff. He also added some more info to the ad after I contacted him saying that "it was left under some trees for two years and the original cover was damaged and thrown away. The bimini cover will also need to be replaced. I have not tried to clean the carpet yet." I'm not sure what that is about but it doesn't sound good. I actually scheduled to go see it on Saturday but backed off after thinking about that. Who knows how the rest of it was taken care of. Nice that it is relatively local though (35ish miles).

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd still go look at it. Covers need to be replaced from time to time so I consider them consumables. It would be nice not to have to buy one so soon though.
The mess might just be enough for you to turn this boat down, but wouldn't it bother you not to know? If it really has something like 20 hours and it is in very good condition $25k doesn't seem too bad. Is it an SX or AR?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks. The first link is the one I was talking about above, he said it is sold. Guy is coming on Saturday. It does have 220 hours though, so that's why I was hesitant.

The second link has been relisted a few times and I think his reserve is in the mid 20s.