• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha AR250 questions

Ernie V.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello! We just upgraded from a 2022 Yamaha AR190 to a 2023 Yamaha AR250 and I have a few questions.

Our 190 had two drain plugs but the 250 only has one from what I can see. We just took her out for the first time this season and I noticed a lot of water drained from the plug in the rear upon retrieving. Is there another plug I'm missing somewhere or is it just one plug?

Second, on the touchscreen the depth indicator only goes up to 100 feet. Our 190 showed actual depth as our lake can be 200+ feet in areas. Is this a setting I can change as it would be nice to know the actual depth.

Lastly, I'm looking for suggestions or ideas about the large head and storage area on the port side. We don't plan on using it as a head and there is ample space for storage but we don't want to just throw everything in there. Has anyone utilized this space while keeping the area organized for vests, toys, lines etc?

Thanks for the responses. We absolutely love the added size and speed of the 250. Definitely handles chop better and it's a much better and smoother rife than our 190.

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
My 252S only has one drain plug. The water may be coming from the anchor locker drain hole as the passthrough was probably not sealed properly. Common problem. Most people replace the drain fixture and properly deal all the way through.

As for the storage area, I hand up life jackets on clothes hangers using the rod and store towels and bags on the floor. Toys I put in the ski lockers on the floor and lines I put under the rear seats.