• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amplifier Mounting Location - Post your pics

jryan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey All, getting ready to do a long awaited stereo upgrade in my AR190 this weekend. The build is pretty basic, Revo 6.5's in stock locations, adding a Revo 10 Sub and a Fusion head unit along with a Fusion SG-DA61500 amp.

Now...that said, I just went out to my boat and I can't figure out where to mount an amp. Where/How is everyone putting their amplifiers. If you put it in the helm, what route did you take to run the RCA and Power cables? (Around the front or around the back?).

Pictures are worth a thousand words here and I've searched many many threads but not finding a master thread on amp locations. Hoping this will help future installers as well.

Thanks in advance!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Hey All, getting ready to do a long awaited stereo upgrade in my AR190 this weekend. The build is pretty basic, Revo 6.5's in stock locations, adding a Revo 10 Sub and a Fusion head unit along with a Fusion SG-DA61500 amp.

Now...that said, I just went out to my boat and I can't figure out where to mount an amp. Where/How is everyone putting their amplifiers. If you put it in the helm, what route did you take to run the RCA and Power cables? (Around the front or around the back?).

Pictures are worth a thousand words here and I've searched many many threads but not finding a master thread on amp locations. Hoping this will help future installers as well.

Thanks in advance!
Ordered the WS Revo 10 sub this afternoon.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Did mine this spring... Added to the captains closet near the head unit.

7MDwrASvQ9icOGt35QTKwg.jpg

jryan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did mine this spring... Added to the captains closet near the head unit.

View attachment 151877
Nice I went with the same location. Your install looks better than mine. Hoping mine holds, I screwed through the cutting board and just into the fiberglass.

ignore the wiring I haven’t cleaned that up yet

Attachments

mcp9044

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
did not want to drill holes in the fiberglass behind the seats so did this. angle holds it in with just screws at the at top IMG_3627.jpg

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@mcp9044

Love the way you mounted that. I'll be stealing that setup. One question. For the first time, I noticed the hose just to the right on mine. It's not connected to anything and was just sitting on the floor. Is yours connected to something? I was thinking it was a breather tube of some sort.

hose.jpg

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@toddaltpeter

That hose should be connected to the bottom of a cup holer. there is drain port that the tube will connect to, that lets water drain down the tub vs into that little storage shelf/area where the control cables and stereo head unit are. just push the hose back on it and reconnect it. mine came off too

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
All three of my amps are by the batteries. (2 stock and one extra). 2 Polk amps stacked at the bottom of the pic, and one wetsounds on the right. (and since I took this I've put terminal covers on all the posts)

20170304_142955.jpg

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have mine mounted under the rear starboard seat all the way back (2019 AR195). This location is the least used compartment on the boat so less likely to be impacted by careless kids or guests. Amp is mounted on a plastic board horizontally and sits up off the floor for airflow and to avoid water. Left me extra room in the rear port compartment to install a second battery and sub, while keeping max usable space for the daily gear. Ran the power wires across the rear of the engine bay, wrapped in a wire loom.

I ran the RCA and new speaker cables up the starboard inside of the boat using wire looms and lots of zip ties. Was able to piggyback on factory mount points already adhered to the interior fiberglass. I put power distribution blocks on the amp board, which I used to run auxiliary power up to the helm storage area by the same path. Helped to ensure that the radio, amp, and sub were all on the same ground.

If you run the wires this way, I recommend that you remove the cup holder cubbies from the wall to give you access to that interior space. It’s quick and will make your life so much easier.

Pics were during install, so please ignore the messy wires. It’s been cleaned up since then.

Attachments

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine are mounted under the port side bench seat next to the batteries.

58C662D5-8843-479B-BCEC-E76C021997B7.jpeg

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How much time do you spend tightening loose nuts on that boat???? Lol. 4 subs!!! I have 1 12" sub in our family room and have to turn it down or it shakes things off shelves!!
None yet... but I fully anticipate spending sometime. I had two 12's with less power running to them on my 2013 212SS and the nuts that held down the rails would constantly come loose.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Hope to start my audio up grade in a week or so. Need a second battery , a couple of more wires and connectors. Maybe most importantly need to find the time.

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there any benefit installing amps at the helm, starboard side, versus at the battery on the port side?