• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dual Amp wiring question - wiring kit/fuse block?

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have 2 wet sound amps driving all wet sound speakers being powered by their own battery. Currently I just have them plugged into a basic wire block, but I am considering upgrading to some higher quality wires and adding a fuse block.
Is this kit overkill? I want my amps and speakers protected but also don’t want to buy something I don’t need.
Any recommendations?

This kit is $440 and claims to extend my wet sounds warranty by 1 year.

Attachments

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you wiring is sized appropriately and is fused appropriately with an inline fuse or block, or whatever....I don't see what you are gaining. You are essentially paying $440 for an extended warranty. Just go in with eyes wide open. If you need to rewire for whatever reason, just find an alternative, which is likely cheaper and look at the difference as buying an extended warranty.

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you wiring is sized appropriately and is fused appropriately with an inline fuse or block, or whatever....I don't see what you are gaining. You are essentially paying $440 for an extended warranty. Just go in with eyes wide open. If you need to rewire for whatever reason, just find an alternative, which is likely cheaper and look at the difference as buying an extended warranty.
Currently there are no inline fuses. So maybe just buy the fuse blocks? I assume the current wire is appropriate.

looks like the 2 fuse holders and a pack of fuses is $130. So, $300 for wire does seem a bit much.

Last edited:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Currently there are no inline fuses. So maybe just buy the fuse blocks? I assume the current wire is appropriate.

looks like the 2 fuse holders and a pack of fuses is $130. So, $300 for wire does seem a bit much.
I see. So they recommend 4 AWG for each amp, so you would need to have run 2 sets of wires back to battery and each having inline fuse. Is that what you have installed? If you don't, then what they are providing is good. It's 1/0 to run from battery to distribution block by amps and then run from dist. block to amps with 4 AWG. There is a 300a fuse near battery for the 1/0 run and then from the dist block at amps 2-150 fuses for the amp supply. This is the right way to do it. A little on the high side. You could look up the components on Amazon, but there is such a difference in wire you need to compare apples to apples. You need to make sure that 10' is enough to run to an accessible spot near the amps for your distribution block.