• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DVSR help...

FredB32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
And they will fight you about it if you call it out. lol.
LMAO...so I'm definitely one of "those people" but also won't fight you, because I know I don't (I mean, literally I do, but it doesn't work like that!), hence why I've been here trying to learn how to best take advantage of both methods.

My plan, over the winter once I get the boat in storage and start doing all the maintenance, is to utilize multiple channels to repair the batteries I have (which, ultimately will be replaced) and then figure out the wiring to ensure better/proper multi-channel charging when the boat is back in the water in...well we're in WI, so next June? :|

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The way the dvsr comes wired from the factory is the simplest and most reliable way to have it wired.

While on the water, since the engine outputs are tied onto the start battery, it will get charged first, when the voltage on the start battery gets to 13.2volts the DVSR will close the paralleling switch tying the house and start batteries together and now the house battery starts charging. When not running and the paralleled batteries voltage drops to 12.7 volts the DVSR opens the paralleling switch. This makes sure that the start battery is always charged up.

If you hook up a two bank battery charger to the start / house batteries, once one of them reaches 13.2 volts the DVSR closes the paralleling switch tying the two batteries together. If the start battery is essentially charged then the output from the two bank charger will essentially go to the house battery, wherever the greatest potential difference is, not the best but it will still work well. The big disadvantage is that you cannot run a manual equalize charge on flooded lead acid batteries with the DVSR active as it comes from the factory. Running a manual equalize charge is pretty important to flooded lead acid batteries.

The only advantage of having the DVSR wired to the ignition switch is if you want to be sure and have a two bank charger charge the batteries independently, and you want to run a manual equalization charge on flooded lead acid batteries. I ran my DVSR wire to a rocker switch on the dash as my house battery is a LiFePO battery and its resting fully charged voltage is 13.6, and will not reach 12.7 volts until it is almost totally discharged. This next winter I may wire that switch leg to the ignition ckt to make it more or less automatic.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone with an FSH 210 figure out an ignition wire to use from either engine to engage the DVSR? I just ordered a lifepo4 for the house batter and will need to do the modification to only engage the DVSR when either ignition is on.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone with an FSH 210 figure out an ignition wire to use from either engine to engage the DVSR? I just ordered a lifepo4 for the house batter and will need to do the modification to only engage the DVSR when either ignition is on.
Just use hot side of battery switch vs cutting your harness.

Edit: The DVSR won’t engage at resting voltage, it will automatically engage when an engine is charging the system.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Edit: The DVSR won’t engage at resting voltage, it will automatically engage when an engine is charging the system.
with Lithium house battery it will engage the DVSR at resting voltage which is higher then the DVSR engange voltage which is why I need to tie to the ignition as I have FLA start battery still and dont want the lithium cooking that battery all day while the switch is on.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
with Lithium house battery it will engage the DVSR at resting voltage which is higher then the DVSR engange voltage which is why I need to tie to the ignition as I have FLA start battery still and dont want the lithium cooking that battery all day while the switch is on.
Didn’t realize voltage was that high on those.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Didn’t realize voltage was that high on those.
100% charge is 13.6 V, the DVSR engage voltage is 13.4v. 17% charge is 12.8v which is the DVSR disconnect voltage. You would think BEP would have a newer version to account for this.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

couldn't you also just move the DVSR positives from the Battery side of the switches to the Load side of the switches? then the DVSR would only be active when battery switches are on and you could use smart charger with no interference as long as battery switches are in off position.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
couldn't you also just move the DVSR positives from the Battery side of the switches to the Load side of the switches? then the DVSR would only be active when battery switches are on and you could use smart charger with no interference as long as battery switches are in off position.
NO.

The BEP dvsr looks at both sides, meaning house or start for the closing voltage of 13.4 on the line side.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
NO.

The BEP dvsr looks at both sides, meaning house or start for the closing voltage of 13.4 on the line side.
1703638677604.png

See green arrows in image....it wouldn't be able to see line voltage with the house and start battery switches off.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's how many of the blue seas ACR are installed (on the load side) to allow for dual bank smart charging when battery switch is off. seems like it should work for the DVSR as well, unless i'm missing something.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's how many of the blue seas ACR are installed (on the load side) to allow for dual bank smart charging when battery switch is off. seems like it should work for the DVSR as well, unless i'm missing something.
View attachment 213121

See green arrows in image....it wouldn't be able to see line voltage with the house and start battery switches off.
Then how come the dvsr closes when the switches are open and a charge current is applied to either of the batteries and the voltage rises above 13.4 volts.?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you ever looked at the BEP dvsr module and it’s circuit board you would see the connectivity between the line side battery terminals.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Then how come the dvsr closes when the switches are open and a charge current is applied to either of the batteries and the voltage rises above 13.4 volts.?
because it's connected to the Battery side of the switches.....it doesn't matter if the switch is on or off when wired to that side. if the batteries are beign charged by stator or by a charger it doesn't matter.

with the DVSR on the Load side of the switch and both switches off...there's no way for it to sense the charge from a charger, only from the stators (and switches would have to be on for that to happen) allowing for it to charge the batteries.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you ever looked at the BEP dvsr module and it’s circuit board you would see the connectivity between the line side battery terminals.
if you look at the sketch with the arrows....it would be impossible for the DVSR to sense a charge and close from shore power with both battery switches in the off position.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
View attachment 213121

This issue with this is I would have to turn the battery switch off when not running the engines to prevent the house lithium battery from cooking the start battery as the DVSR would always be paralleled when the batteries are on due to the voltage from the Lithium house battery.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ran a direct wire from the port key switch to the DVSR wire when i switched to house lithium. It only parallels the batteries when the port ignition is in the on position.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This issue with this is I would have to turn the battery switch off when not running the engines to prevent the house lithium battery from cooking the start battery as the DVSR would always be paralleled when the batteries are on due to the voltage from the Lithium house battery.
yes.....that would be true.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
NO.

@FSH 210 Sport Im starting to see why you just use a manual switch to activate the relay. The solution that makes the most sense would be install diodes on the Stator lines to block voltage from the batteries and use stator voltage to engange the relay. But its not worth the time or effort...

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ran a direct wire from the port key switch to the DVSR wire when i switched to house lithium. It only parallels the batteries when the port ignition is in the on position.
Im thinking thats the only feesable option without resorting to a manual switch. I was looking for a circuit I could install on both initions that would engage if either one was active but not having much luck.