• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Grab rail loose

Chris K

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Port side front grab rail. Got loose cause some jack wad used it to tie to the dock. How do I reach them bolts. It's 100 degrees so I will check it out tonight but thought I would get options first

Attachments

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A young child and/or small framed adult will be your best friend here. I had to have some help to get it done once. Then, it came loose again. After that, Loctite will become your friend also.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Someone is going to have to climb into the storage compartment and reach up to the nut, that is where @farrelltravis comment is right on the mark. If you have a lot of socket extensions (at least 2' worth) it will help you reach the nut. If I remember correctly you will need a 7/16" socket for the nut (make sure you also bring a 1/2" socket in case I'm off a little).

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It's 1/2 inch. Had to tighten mine too. Wear something with long sleeves, it's raw fiberglass back there, you'll get nasty splinters rubbing your fore arm on it. That sucks.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's 1/2 inch. Had to tighten mine too. Wear something with long sleeves, it's raw fiberglass back there, you'll get nasty splinters rubbing your fore arm on it. That sucks.
Thanks for straighteing out my memory.

"IN A MEETING"

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
this thread saved me before even asking. Thanks