• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NYC Gathering???

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi All,
Looking for anyone in the tri-state area that might be interested in a gathering this summer. There is a great place to launch right across from the Statue of Liberty and we can cruise around Liberty and Ellis Island and get a view of the NYC skyline.

Nick

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interested if it isn't too rough for an ls2000

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The views are incredible down there. But that is one BUSY BUSY waterway.
The Circle Line, ferries, megayatchs, tugs and barges throw HUGE wakes.
That waterway should have traffic lights. :stop:
I did it once years ago - and that was enough for me!

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you're talking about Liberty State Park in NJ the parking lot has a strictly enforced max trailer length of 23'. There's nowhere else around there to park that I'm aware of. Just a heads up before anyone takes the drive up there only to be turned away!

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes there is a max trailer size for Liberty State Park but there other launch places up the Hudson River and one under the George Washington bridge that I believe theres no trailer restrictions

RumDiet

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
trailer restriction under the George Washington Bridge is 24' - just enough! I have launched there many times - from there you can go North on the Hudson - South to the Harbor - about 1/2 hr or so to the Statute of Liberty - or East through the Harlem River to the East River or Long Island Sound. I used to be at Englewood Boat Basin which is a mile or so north of the GWB.

Boat traffic is not too bad on the Hudson until you get below 79th street or so. You will have to slow down for big boat wakes and the occasional log or telephone pole floating in the river. Best NOT to go after a spring tide or heavy rains since there will be more debris in the river at those times.

Lots of Good photo ops
StatuteofLiberty.jpg StatuteofLiberty.jpg

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
we found our guide!!

2devine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would love this trip.

RumDiet

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No problem with guiding you - but my boat is not at Englewood but in Stony Pt about 30 miles north - if the date is right I can come down. Let me know what your thoughts are and we can arrange!

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mid-late summer outting should be good

RumDiet

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mid-late summer is good - you should determine where you want to go first and then depending on that and how the tides are running, determine the date. Sounds exciting!

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think we should do it on a weekend and start early to avoid the ferry traffic. We could do a lap around mahattan and lady liberty. Maybe head up the Hudson for some lunch afterwards. Theres a nice marina I keep hearing about, its called LaMarina supposed to be a good place for lunch and drinks, its on the NY side a little north of the GWB.... Im completly open for suggestions since I never boated on the NYC harbor nor the Hudson.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sounds pretty cool. HMMM do I trailor up there or take the 1.5/2hr ride up north on the Water from Atlantic City area ???

RumDiet

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
LaMarina is almost directly across from the launch ramp at the GWB - last I heard they did not have docks. It used to be a very rough crowd over there - changed a couple of years back after being closed down for a # of years. It is currently closed - but supposed to be opening on April 1st. There is Liberty Landing in Jersey City which has dock and dine - two restaurants - both a bit pricey but fantastic views. Stopping en masse will depend on how many boats participate in this. . . .

Weekend is good.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds pretty cool. HMMM do I trailor up there or take the 1.5/2hr ride up north on the Water from Atlantic City area ???

that might be a rough ride all the way up from AC...

RumDiet

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Geiger the ride from AC is more like 7 hours - and through open water! You will most likely not be able to run at speed the entire time - and then there is gas to worry about. I've done it on a 40 footer and we lucked out because it was an extremely calm day. Best to trailer.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
trailer restriction under the George Washington Bridge is 24' - just enough! I have launched there many times - from there you can go North on the Hudson - South to the Harbor - about 1/2 hr or so to the Statute of Liberty - or East through the Harlem River to the East River or Long Island Sound. I used to be at Englewood Boat Basin which is a mile or so north of the GWB.

Boat traffic is not too bad on the Hudson until you get below 79th street or so. You will have to slow down for big boat wakes and the occasional log or telephone pole floating in the river. Best NOT to go after a spring tide or heavy rains since there will be more debris in the river at those times.

Lots of Good photo ops
View attachment 2665 View attachment 2665
Telephone poles!!! We can do some log rolling

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am good for a weekend trip all the options above sound great to me.