• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacing 242 starters and/or bendix

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I want your berkley boat with a new ecoboost.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The oil cooler bolts were a problem in 2010 and parts of 2011 from what I have read. The problem does not occur in ever boat and I think the problem usually occurred around 100 to 150 hours (This is just from what I have see when reading on the problem). To my knowledge there is not a recall. I never received any notification from Yamaha on the problem. I have a POV that although it is a problem many boats did not have the problem. I have one and so far no issue. My dealer also hasn't seen a lot of issues around the oil cooler boats. There were a lot more problems with the stereos. I am just saying this so you know to look at the oil cooler to make sure all the bolts are there and preferably the cooler has the arrow as mentioned above you would be OK. I have not had any issues with my 2010 starter or anything else in the engines. Great and dependable boats!

nomoreprops

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's a great shot, thanks for that.
I'm looking at those bolts being so close to an edge which is not flush by any means. Thinking about heat and expansion, etc. The cooler could benefit down the road by some re-engineering, I would think. The heavier bolt is an ok fix but a more rigid cooler (in the right places) may be a better answer. Bolts don't pop like that without a reason.
Is what it is, for now.

Bill

nomoreprops

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 18068
I want your berkley boat with a new ecoboost.
I didn't know enough about what I wanted in a jet back in those days and the oldsmobile turned out to be a disappointment. The big block chevy 4 bolt main was really what I was looking for. It was a great boat for sunburn on my back getting ready for whatever was going to go wrong next. A happy day indeed, when the new owner trailered it away. I am going make my first try here at attaching a photo, wish me luck. Check out what's pulling it also!7.jpg

nomoreprops

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The oil cooler bolts were a problem in 2010 and parts of 2011 from what I have read. The problem does not occur in ever boat and I think the problem usually occurred around 100 to 150 hours (This is just from what I have see when reading on the problem). To my knowledge there is not a recall. I never received any notification from Yamaha on the problem. I have a POV that although it is a problem many boats did not have the problem. I have one and so far no issue. My dealer also hasn't seen a lot of issues around the oil cooler boats. There were a lot more problems with the stereos. I am just saying this so you know to look at the oil cooler to make sure all the bolts are there and preferably the cooler has the arrow as mentioned above you would be OK. I have not had any issues with my 2010 starter or anything else in the engines. Great and dependable boats!
Yes. by no means would something like that scare me away from a good deal. The way I go, it takes quite a while for me to put 50 hrs. down on any boat.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's a great shot, thanks for that.
I'm looking at those bolts being so close to an edge which is not flush by any means. Thinking about heat and expansion, etc. The cooler could benefit down the road by some re-engineering, I would think. The heavier bolt is an ok fix but a more rigid cooler (in the right places) may be a better answer. Bolts don't pop like that without a reason.
Is what it is, for now.

Bill

They did. The new cooler with the store is much better. They cost $650 each last time I looked and you can swap them pretty quick when going an oil change. That was why I only said to grind them down $650 per motor for the old coolers unless they tell you up front that is priced in.

nomoreprops

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is great..........thanks to you guys I've got everything I need to do "battle" in the marketplace. Covered a lot of ground in just one weekend of posting here.