• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Up coming elections (not party specific)

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is anyone planning on reminding their politicians about the closing of our lakes during the childishness that was done during the government shut down. They came into our local lake and closed the ramps. These ramps are always open and unmanned but our government then decided to save money by paying to barricade the ramps and place guards to not allow anyone to use them. I know the intelligence is astonishing. I wonder if I should get some kind of rebate since I pay for a yearly pass but was not allowed to use it. The lake was not closed so if you had a boat at the marina you could go out. You just could not use the ramps. I seem to have a problem letting this go. Just wondering if it was just me or not.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That seems to support the overall maturity of our society. Don't expect much of a change... you are in the minority trust me.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am still amazed that they spent WAY more money to close ramps and access than to thinly staff them, cause they had no money to staff them, spen way more to install ways to prevent their use.....

I am positive it was political maneuvering to cause as much pain as possible... If they just left everything out here alone, we would not have noticed a difference, which would have revealed how little we actually need them in the first place. There will always be a need for EMS services, but we hardly notices the shutdown, except for all the new barriers erected to prevent access...... Bah!!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I remembered reading about these situations - completely ridiculous!

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was awful here. We already had a cold and wet season and it seemed they closed them during the nicest weeks we had. I do not know what has happened to common sense but it is severely lacking in all the parties. I don't need a big brother. I need a government that provides and encourages the opportunity to work. I will provide for myself and my family. Growing up I was under the belief that you went to school, then work, paid your taxes and live a decent life. You were to help those that truly needed it and not bother anyone who did not want to be bothered. I just don't understand when the wrong turn happened and everything started over the cliff.

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No problem, not ment to offend anyone.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll stay away from politics if yall stay away from politics. This needs to be a stress free zone. Lol

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am still amazed that they spent WAY more money to close ramps and access than to thinly staff them, cause they had no money to staff them, spen way more to install ways to prevent their use.....

I am positive it was political maneuvering to cause as much pain as possible... If they just left everything out here alone, we would not have noticed a difference, which would have revealed how little we actually need them in the first place. There will always be a need for EMS services, but we hardly notices the shutdown, except for all the new barriers erected to prevent access...... Bah!!
No doubt. We all survived while it was shut down. They tried to inflict maximum pain to make sure we know how much we need them.

Saw a bumper sticker the other day that read:

The solution to 1984 is 1776. Remember that...