• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

USB Charger for Yamaha?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone have an idea what type of USB my 2021 190 FSH Sport has? Mine is corroded and dealer told me to bring it in under warranty but I dont want to waste time leaving my boat in the dealer. If anyone knows which USB comes with our yamaha that is also auxilliary to play audio please let me know.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just have him drop ship the new one to you or line up a day that you can have the work done & wait, it shouldn't take more than maybe 30min. depending on where it's at.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just have him drop ship the new one to you or line up a day that you can have the work done & wait, it shouldn't take more than maybe 30min. depending on where it's at.
Thanks I will try and ask them to drop ship parts to me, its only 1 hour from me but they said I have to drop the boat or make appointment on weekdays. I'd rather buy the parts and install myself if I have to leave my boat at the shop.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Put in a nicer aftermarket one with readout volts. I replaced mine in the helm and installed another one over on the passenger side. These are better than the factory crap I had in my boat, not sure what factory you have for quality.

Amazon.com: Quick Charge 3.0 Dual USB Outlet, 12V/24V USB Car Charger with On/Off Touch Switch and LED Digital Voltmeter Waterproof Car Socket for Car, Marine, Boat, Motorcycle, Truck and More: Electronics
@HangOutdoors That is pretty slick. Was it a simple swap-out or did you have to change the size of the mounting hole?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Simple fit same size

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine was just connect two wires, pos and neg

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If it's something that simple the dealer should've able to do it really quickly, I just had to have a new glove box installed and it was done in 1 day.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 150880View attachment 150881So mine with fat white wire that splits into two and goes to the radio head that’s why I’m asking
Mine is like yours, a fat wire that has a usb data cable and a headphone input jack. But, I’ve never used it in the last few years so I just replaced it with a usb charger & voltmeter just like the one linked by @HangOutdoors. It’s way more useful to have a phone charger and a voltmeter!

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I was about to remove the usb plug and while I was looking at power supply of existing one I realized it’s coming from the radio. So I turned on the radio and guess what the semi corroded USB port still works and charge my phone. When I checked before I didn’t know the radio powers it. I’m keeping it this way for now but keeping the USB with voltmeter as backup in case this fail in the future F81921E6-3909-47E8-94E6-0AEF8837D0D1.jpeg

dbfl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's a USB data port with an aux input for the radio. Not for charging. You'd get very little current out of it as it's designed to provide just enough to power a USB stick.

For powering my phone (in the holder), I use a 12V lighter -> USB adapter on the port just below the USB key + aux radio input.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's a USB data port with an aux input for the radio. Not for charging. You'd get very little current out of it as it's designed to provide just enough to power a USB stick.

For powering my phone (in the holder), I use a 12V lighter -> USB adapter on the port just below the USB key + aux radio input.
I have that charger too on the other lighter port

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That part is missing from the Yamaha parts diagrams!

I looked up Jensen marine USB and this is all I found:

I don't see a USB plug in your pics....so not sure this is it....(in case the current one dies).

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for all the reply I put some krust anti rust and corrosion almost gone I have saved all the parts for future reference

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That part is missing from the Yamaha parts diagrams!

I looked up Jensen marine USB and this is all I found:

I don't see a USB plug in your pics....so not sure this is it....(in case the current one dies).
Yes looks similar I have save in Amazon cart in case I need in the future