• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2009 AR230 Parts Shopping - Which Model?

mikemartin88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tried doing a search and didn't see anything already posted to answer this question:
When I shop various Yamaha boat parts dealer websites for my 2009 AR230, they want me to pick a model number from a list including: SXT1100BH, SXT1100BLH, SXT1100CH, SXT1100CLH, ...DH, ...DLH, ...EH, ...ELH, ...FH, ...FLH. I think the model numbers with an "L" are California models, but is there a decoder ring to tell me how I can determine whether my boat is a BH, CH, DH, etc? I thought it might be part of the VIN, but it's not. Probably tied to what part of the year the boat was actually manufactured, but if I'm shopping for something that's specific to that part of the model... Thanks in advance for any help!

Mike

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What kind of parts are you looking for? I think outside of the engines themselves, everything should crossover to the other models.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve noticed that as well, one thing that’s different (I believe) is the seats. My ‘09 AR230 has the gray on the edges, most pics I see of other boats like mine are all white bottoms. I was going to order the cushion circled in the pic but wasn’t sure what I would get so I never did.

Another code may be the different colors and graphics maybe🤷‍♂️
396B1B0E-880C-404E-B132-2F1E152A320D.jpeg

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe all 2009s had that scheme of color for the seats.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

mikemartin88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What kind of parts are you looking for? I think outside of the engines themselves, everything should crossover to the other models.
Just cushions right now, but I'm sure engine parts eventually.

mikemartin88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve noticed that as well, one thing that’s different (I believe) is the seats. My ‘09 AR230 has the gray on the edges, most pics I see of other boats like mine are all white bottoms. I was going to order the cushion circled in the pic but wasn’t sure what I would get so I never did.

Another code may be the different colors and graphics maybe🤷‍♂️
View attachment 96172
My cushions are the same as yours, and it showed correct fitment for all the different models, so I dont think it's a color scheme thing...

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All sx230s have the same part numbers in 2009 and all ar230s have the same part numbers in 2009 for seats.

Sx230s and ar230s have different part numbers for seats.