• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor locker drain?

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took my new 2020 AR210 out for her maiden voyage yesterday. When I was winching her back onto the trailer I heard some popping sounds and discovered that my bow eye was loose!

Today I went out to the boat with some tools to tighten down the bolts on the bow eye and noticed this rough looking hole at the bottom of my anchor locker.

Is this the drain? Is it normal to look like they just used a power drill and called it a day? I guess I was expecting something similar to the drains in the other compartments.

D3792CA4-1F40-4C57-9CC3-004F7124D93D.jpeg
A845D3A5-5144-41E1-B27D-23AC4C133DAD.jpeg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup thats about how they look for the most part. Beautiful ain't it?
Clean it up and seal the sides smooth to the white plastic fitting that goes out of the hull

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, that's gonna be the drain but that looks absolutely horrible! Not sure on the 2020 but the previous years (only a couple years back) would allow water to get to the bilge from this drain hole here. How's the outside of this hole look? I'll try and get a pic of mine tomorrow.

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup thats about how they look for the most part. Beautiful ain't it?
Clean it up and seal the sides smooth to the white plastic fitting that goes out of the hull
How do I do that?

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, that's gonna be the drain but that looks absolutely horrible! Not sure on the 2020 but the previous years (only a couple years back) would allow water to get to the bilge from this drain hole here. How's the outside of this hole look? I'll try and get a pic of mine tomorrow.
I haven’t pulled the plug from the outside yet, but I suspect water is leaking into the bilge because there was water in there that drained out without me pulling the exterior plug.

I assume normal operation is to only drain if I pull the plug from the outside?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I haven’t pulled the plug from the outside yet, but I suspect water is leaking into the bilge because there was water in there that drained out without me pulling the exterior plug.

it's literally a hole. It'll fill and drain on its own. The theory is it'll only fill that area, and it'll drain right back out of that hole. I sealed mine up really good with marine sealant. Mine also looked like a really shitty drill job. Fortunately mine looked like it came through the hull enough that water couldn't/shouldn't get in the bilge. I was trying to figure out why my carpets were wet, so check that as a place to start. Don't think that was the issue, but my carpets have been dry ever since. I think it largely had to do with my boat getting rained in a lot while at the dealer before I bought it.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do I do that?
Use 5200 and just make it sealed to the tube so water wont go between the layers and can only go outside the hull

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Went to the lake Saturday, after about 6 hours had about 2-3 gallons come out when I pulled the plug.

Put a plug in the anchor locker before Sunday's adventure, had ZERO drops.

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it's literally a hole. It'll fill and drain on its own. The theory is it'll only fill that area, and it'll drain right back out of that hole. I sealed mine up really good with marine sealant. Mine also looked like a really shitty drill job. Fortunately mine looked like it came through the hull enough that water couldn't/shouldn't get in the bilge. I was trying to figure out why my carpets were wet, so check that as a place to start. Don't think that was the issue, but my carpets have been dry ever since. I think it largely had to do with my boat getting rained in a lot while at the dealer before I bought it.
Oh, so there isn’t even a plug on the outside? I saw the spot on the bow but never inspected it closely.

Scott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Suke, my carpets have also been wet. I cannot figure out why. Did you seal up the hole completely?

Scott

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Suke, my carpets have also been wet. I cannot figure out why. Did you seal up the hole completely?

Scott
I didn't seal the hole up completely. Just put sealant around the edges so there was a continuous seal between the fitting pressed in from the outside and the inside of the anchor locker.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn't seal the hole up completely. Just put sealant around the edges so there was a continuous seal between the fitting pressed in from the outside and the inside of the anchor locker.
Thats all that is needed to fix it

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow, my friend had this problem on his 2017 212X. Three years later and Yamaha still hasn't addressed it? Put that guy on a different part of the assembly line.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Its interesting as the anchor lockers on the 23 & 24 footers I've had all had the same design. basically it's just a hold for water to drain out. the problem is anything speed where the water covers that outside drain hole while moving will force water back into the anchor locker. Next time you're and you're tooling along at no wake speed, look in that locker. On my 23 footer, water was up to 6" deep...but didn't overflow back into the seating area and was sealed. If you're getting water under those bow seats, maybe this is where it's coming from?

To that note, when you're down with the boat for a trip and it's going to sit for a few days, make sure to remove the anchor line and lay if about the floor of your boat -- even if you didn't use the anchor. Otherwise that line may get moldy as it'll never dry in the anchor compartment.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Sorry for my confusing post. But @suke Explained what I was trying to say.

BigDaddyJake

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We’ve had our ‘19 212 out 4 times so far and we continually get water into the ski locker. I have the plug in the ski locker, but could the water be coming from the anchor locker compartment. I didn’t know if water could be getting in between the hull and the anchor compartment and then draining into the ski locker? I’m to big of a guy to get down and see if there’s a gap between the floor and the ski locker compartment that it could be coming from the anchor locker area. It unfortunate Yamaha never addressed this simple fix in production.
Lastly, when you guys used the 5200 did you clean up the hole face then apply internally to fill the compartment and hull gap? Thanks

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today I verified that the exterior plug appears to go all the way through, and I sealed the edges of the anchor compartment hole with some 5200.

I also added some sticky backed 1/4” rubber padding to around where the anchor sits to keep it from rubbing.

4744C0DB-E8BE-4534-A5F2-4D2EAEBBFE33.jpeg
FE6F4AB1-04C4-4463-AE5E-FF3543E58274.jpeg

Woodsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I purchased new, a 2017 AR210 about a month ago. After our maiden voyage, all the compartment carpets were wet, and the floor locker was about 3/4 full of water. It was the anchor locker drain. The drain hole fitting only bridges about 1/2 the gap of the hull, allowing water into the boat. So I used silicone as a quick fix to seal the open gap. However after extensive research I could not find a proper thru-hull drain fitting or scupper small enough to fit the 3/4” hole. To fix it right, I think you will need to drill a larger hole. I have decided to plug the drain plug off with silicone completely. Next time I go to the dealership, I will have them drill the hole and install a scupper under warranty.

OurCrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Today I verified that the exterior plug appears to go all the way through, and I sealed the edges of the anchor compartment hole with some 5200.

What is 5200, sorry new here, have boat on order, looking for heads up to know what to look for when I get it

Last edited: