• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone use a TriAnchor?

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have two of the square box anchors (26lb for bow and 19lb for stern) and I can confidently say that there's no way the 7lb version of the triangular anchor would hold my boat in place on days where I really need it. The 19lb box anchor worked fine on my old SX230 but when I upgraded to my 2015 242LS it would not hold on windier days. I then bought the 26lb for the bow and kept the 19lb for the stern and that combo works great no matter what the conditions are. I could probably get away with the 12lb "baby" box anchor on the stern but since I already had the 9lb I just kept it.

It think the triangular idea is great, and would try one that was heavier, but I wouldn't touch this one.

Last edited:

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm in the same boat quite literally. :) I've been using the 19lb in the intercoastal current without an issue. One of the reviews is from a guy in a 24ft tri-toon, but I doubt it was in any sort of wind/current. Hopefully they expand the lineup to something a little bigger. I think it would much easier to store a triangle in the anchor locker.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I tried the 5lb triangle anchor (intended for a jet ski) and holding power was minimal, only slightly better than a collapsible grapnel anchor of similar weight (tested in sand and sand/weed mix using a varying amount of scope). I could easily drag it by hand, I would not trust it any wind or waves. It was also cumbersome and annoying to deploy and store. I had experience with a Slide small box anchor with my old Yamaha, and it held reasonably well, similar to a quality fluke anchor, depending on bottom conditions. I'm guessing the miniaturized flukes in the triangle anchor just can't bite as effectively as the larger/heavier box.

I ended up getting the 2.5lb Mantus collapsible stainless dingy anchor kit, and that held way more than I could pull by hand, I was really impressed.

This guy has tested literally hundreds of anchors, this one compares some of the smaller anchors...

Last edited:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lots of people like the Mantus anchor but I’m too lazy to mess with chain and rode. I just throw the box anchors over the side and forget about them.

Andrew Vishnevsky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have two of the square box anchors (26lb for bow and 19lb for stern) and I can confidently say that there's no way the 7lb version of the triangular anchor would hold my boat in place on days where I really need it. The 19lb box anchor worked fine on my old SX230 but when I upgraded to my 2015 242LS it would not hold on windier days. I then bought the 26lb for the bow and kept the 19lb for the stern and that combo works great no matter what the conditions are. I could probably get away with the 12lb "baby" box anchor on the stern but since I already had the 9lb I just kept it.

It think the triangular idea is great, and would try one that was heavier, but I wouldn't touch this one.
You will be surprised! A 7LB Trianchor without a chain is holding my friend's 27-footer with a bungee in the choppy Florida Gulf! I personally use a 5LB TriAnchor on my 19-footer!