• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

bow stop roller

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone know which size of the Stoltz blow roller to buy for an SX190 and Shorlandr trailer?
It will be my first mod....I have catching up to do.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have no idea but maybe bumping your post back up to the top of the recent post tab will help you get an answer,
good luck!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just measure the distance between the two metal supports that it mounts into. I suspect it is the same as mine on the 240. It probably has a 4" center section, and then the side rollers. It may be the smaller, but your going to have to measure or get another 190 owner to measure it. SKU is 501206 on the "4 , and was $34.99 at Bass Pro Shops. They do have a smaller one, so make sure of the size.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On my 210's trailer (Shorelandr) the distance is 3.5" between the metal supports. So I bought the 4" "ultimate bow stop" and plan to cut the middle roller down a bit to fit in between. Seems like everyone else is doing it that was too since Stoltz doesn't make a roller that is that size.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
On my 210's trailer (Shorelandr) the distance is 3.5" between the metal supports. So I bought the 4" "ultimate bow stop" and plan to cut the middle roller down a bit to fit in between. Seems like everyone else is doing it that was too since Stoltz doesn't make a roller that is that size.
My stock roller was 3.5". But the space between the metal arms is about 3.9". I was easily able to fit the stolz roller between them without cutting it.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's good to know. Did the center roller still spin ok for you after getting it in?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The stock roller did not spin freely. When I installed the new roller, it would roll when I turned it, but it did not spin. With bow pressure on it, it will turn,however.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am going to order the Stoltz Ultimate Bow Stop - 4 in. and take it from there...

really don't want to be marking up the new boat ...

2 more sleeps.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Whether it turns or not will depend on how much you tighten the nut on the thru bolt. I had not ever heard of anyone cutting these down.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I see that Stolz has a 3" roller for boats with less of a V hull at the bow. That might be better, but that is not what I bought.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure it this is legit or not... I do not own these images...

so... from another site ... which will remain nameless...

a user with the same boat as me installed a Stoltz bow roller... the part number is clearly visible, but alas, Stoltz web site does not have that part...

i did ask the question of size from the poster, but no reply... IMG_0261.JPGIMG_0262.JPG

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FYI Bass pro shops has a promo going on now where over $25 ships free with code FISHNOW. There goes $34.99! :p

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just released in the winch today...first day in my garage... Marks on gel coat from shipping and handling... Geesh.

So... Stoltz swap it is...

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Stolz roller installed and works well... I did cut down the centre roller to allow it some movement.

Now we'll see if the dealer will repair the damage from the stock roller.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No need to cut the roller. The tabs that it mounts to can easily be bent outward by hand or with a rubber mallet to cear the roller.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
No need to cut the roller. The tabs that it mounts to can easily be bent outward by hand or with a rubber mallet to cear the roller.
I thought this initially too and that is what I did. But it does restrict the easy turning of the center roller from turning freely unless you actually set the bend and not just spread the 1/4" steel tabs that the roller mounts to. And I didn't find that I could actually bend them to not pinch the roller enough to do that. I didn't cut mine, and even though it will roll a little, I can't roll it by hand easily, the load of the boat seems to roll it, and the bow shape really only rolls on the outside rollers until the bow eye bolt gets to the center roller anyway on my year boat. But some of the previous boats will be utilizing the center roller more. I didn't find it hard to open the tabs to get the roller in, but it is pinched...and this is on the Shorelandr trailer.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You can tighten the bolt down and the roller can be stiff, it will not hurt anything as it is a stop more than a roller. As long as it can turn by hand, it will do its job. After a few launches, the metal will shift a bit and the roller will become looser. It should not be loose to spin and if it does you should snug it up. Remember it is a bow stop, not a guide. The urethane Stoltz mount is not as hard as the plastic stock mount and the bow will push into it. If you leave it too loose, the bow could roll it enough and actually act like a knife and split the roller in two. I had this happen on an older boat of mine years ago and thats when I found out that the stop is supposed to be fixed more or less. Some are even replaced with an actual "V" type stop to do away with the roller all together. I have also had that type as well but still prefer the ability for it to move and give a bit rather than the bow sliding in it.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When I had one split I was loading on a very windy day and loading hot. The bow suffered a ding when it split the roller but it was not real noticeable because it was right at the eye. That is also when I determined no trailer should be without upright guides, saves a lot of damage and relieves a lot of stress on those less than ideal moments when we have to load a boat.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Our trailers are great at centering these boats and that makes them a true power load trailer. But the weight of the boat, and the fact it doesn't really like to "slide" up or down the bunks easily, makes it a little tough to load/unload with the boat at the perfect depth. So putting the boat in deeper subjects the boat to wind and waves that can push it off center easily. Those guides help in keeping it center trailer to a certain degree. But the bunks still have to engage the hull to center it. The bow stop roller plays a very intregal part in this and holds that bow dead center and stops forward and backward movement (as long as the bow stop post does not flex). We yamaha boat owners have discovered many trailer issues over the years and solved many of them. The bow stop is one as is the bow stop roller. You mentioned that piece of crap stock roller. The roller on the boats the last few years, the off white plastic, is going to mar your finish and not hold the boat steady. Stolz is a definite upgrade and IMO, necessary.