• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cheap TV and viola, football and boating

Jongottschalk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So for $250 we got football and boating out at ship island on Sunday. I know its been discussed but for $198 got cheap TCL 43" tvView attachment antenna.webpView attachment antenna2.webp but could have gotten better one for contrast etc out in sun, $30 inverter and $17 antenna and worked flawlessly. We were at Ship Island off Gulfport, MS coast, about 12 miles off and signal was amazing. Just plug inverter into cigarette plug, extension cord with splitter (1 for tv and 1 for power antenna). No drain on battery; maybe .2 volts over 4 hours. ship2.jpg1000004565.jpgship3.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a neat idea! I don't care about anything on television that much, but that's definitely a transferable idea for other things. One more creative way to enjoy your time on the water! 👍

*it looks like 2 pics didn't post, or maybe it's my phone and bad formatting by the mobile browser. The antenna, it looks like, posted wonky?

Jongottschalk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That's a neat idea! I don't care about anything on television that much, but that's definitely a transferable idea for other things. One more creative way to enjoy your time on the water! 👍

*it looks like 2 pics didn't post, or maybe it's my phone and bad formatting by the mobile browser. The antenna, it looks like, posted wonky?
Yes, it was the antenna model that worked well and easy to flop over umbrella or tower.......and also the inverter.