• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cost for Simple Wrap

Holy Smokes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
So, the SR230 I picked up last month could benefit from some updated graphics. Sent this pic to a local wrap company. Simple black vinyl (no printing), rub rail down to the lower break line and a 4" stripe above the rub rail.

Quoted price was $3,450!!!. I about shat myself!!

Is this out of line? Anyone on the board have experience with this stuff. I think the local shops freak out when you mention a boat.

Attachments

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Single color and not going over any complex curves? I'd give that a DIY shot.

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's not out of line for a good shop, and as mentioned it would be an easy diy project

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Quoted price was $3,450. I about shat myself!!
I think I just crapped my pants too.

The wife and I briefly discussed wrapping a boat the other day. I think this post made up my mind though, it ain't gonna happen. We were just guessing it might cost $800-1200.

Coryd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely DIY. Get some 3M 2080 vinyl, knifeless tape for the cut on the lower line, a heat gun, and have another person help with holding it. 3M 2080 is dry application, repositionable, and very easy to work with. It stretches very well, just hit it with heat after stretching to relax it and it won't pull back.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
IPDGraphics is where I bought the wrap for my ‘11 SX210. Yamaha Boat Graphics – IPD Jet Ski Graphics

I have a 25% off Labor Day sale code in my email from last year, I suspect they’ll run that sale again this year. List price looks like $900ish. Also, there used to be a discount code for forum members. When I bought, I sent them an email and they responded with a discount code that was good for the next week or so.

I had a good experience with them. They send you install directions. But, I had a local tint shop tint my windows and install the wrap. I wasn’t brave enough to tackle it. I think I paid the shop about 500 or so for the windows and install.

Holy Smokes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I think I just crapped my pants too.

The wife and I briefly discussed wrapping a boat the other day. I think this post made up my mind though, it ain't gonna happen. We were just guessing it might cost $800-1200.

That's what I was thinking.... +/-$400 in materials and 10 hrs of labor at $70/hr equates to around $1,100.

3 times that sounds ridiculous.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It takes a lot more skill than just applying a simple decal or boat registration lettering. Go watch any video of pro's wrapping a car. You need to know how to coax the material into submission, where to make relief cuts, where to blend in cuts, etc. it's not as easy as it sounds, at least not from what I've seen.

@DavisAR195 had his previous boat wrapped and I want to say it was shy of a few grand,

You could do it yourself but it probably won't look that great and may not hold up to water forces.

Edit here you go https://jetboaters.net/threads/to-wrap-or-not-to-wrap.16081/#post-276927

Last edited:

Holy Smokes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Those other linked threads with elaborate graphics and layout on the order of $2k further support my thinking on pricing.

My concept is simple vinyl off the roll. No printing and no matching any lines.

It is what it is. Seems I just need to find someone that’s tried it before.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's not too bad I have done several cars all self taught just take your time order a bit more vinyl then to think you need and make sure you have a helper,heat gun, and knifless tape

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had a 2017 AR195 and had the haul wrapped with a blue metal flake 3M product and replicated factory graphics for $1,640.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Holy Smokes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Duh... If I had just not skipped too far down! That is much more in line with what I would have expected. Thanks

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I own a sign and graphics company that does a lot of wraps. A lot of companies that do wraps haven't done boats and are scared of them. Generally they are actually pretty easy, especially a single color like you're looking for but you need to find a shop comfortable with boats. Without figuring exact material costs, I would expect to charge between $1,500 and $2,000 for something like that.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So, the SR230 I picked up last month could benefit from some updated graphics. Sent this pic to a local wrap company. Simple black vinyl (no printing), rub rail down to the lower break line and a 4" stripe above the rub rail.

Quoted price was $3,450!!!. I about shat myself!!

Is this out of line? Anyone on the board have experience with this stuff. I think the local shops freak out when you mention a boat.
I have my son checking on it he quoted 2300 with install site unseen quote depending on location and any body issues.