• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ducer Location (again but different?)

cobolstinks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi I realize that this question has been raised but I haven't seen someone with my era boat try to mount a humming bird with mega side imaging so here goes. I have a Humminbird Helix 7 G3 and I'm trying to install it before we go on vacation later next week. I've read somewhere that you should use two transducers one on the left the other on the right and use a y cable to join them so that the side imaging isn't interfered with by the jet pumps. Due to covid I'm having issues sourcing a second ducer and cable. So I'm wondering if one is needed.

I have a 2015 ar210. I don't have a keel. It looks to me that I may be able to install the transducer between the jets and still get a clear side scan just infront of my cobra fins. I'm concerned that the area circled in white in the photo may cause bubbles and my understanding is that in sonar bubbles are bad.

Anyone mount a side scanning transducer on a similar model boat? Get away with one ducer? Do you think the bubbles caused by this shelf in the hull will be an issue?

I see Humminbird suggest similar mounting locations here: Humminbird Site.

Cheers.

Attachments

Last edited: